Original plug wire rust question

GrandV6

Pulled of my orginal plug wires off (low mile car.....under 10k) and one of the wire boots that came off the coil pack had some rust inside of it.....the metal terminal connection inside the boot looked a little corroded. A little rust dust was on the coil pack from that particular wire was what lead me to check the wires. Anything I can or should do about this condition?? Is the wire bad? All other wire boots looked fine except the one. Because car seems to run & drive fine.

Pulled of my orginal plug wires off (low mile car.....under 10k) and one of the wire boots that came off the coil pack had some rust inside of it.....the metal terminal connection inside the boot looked a little corroded. A little rust dust was on the coil pack from that particular wire was what lead me to check the wires. Anything I can or should do about this condition?? Is the wire bad? All other wire boots looked fine except the one. Because car seems to run & drive fine.
Get a small brass or stainless wire brush and clean the terminals on the coil pack and get a couple of packets of die-electric grease from the parts counter and lube up the boots before you put it back together. You can scrape out the inside of the rusted one with a small screwdriver to see how bad it is or replace it but its not necessary. This is common on these cars was it the ones closest to the firewall?

Same here, glass bead the interior and put some dielectric grease in them, works great.

thanks
Bill