Ordered wheels

Ok. Got some outdoor pics.
WHEELS PICS
I'll eventually powdercoat/paint the centers black, but I think they look pretty good for now. Huge difference from stock.

.38 while you are in a zone can you help me out. I have a 86 442 and I need to get wheels I want 17's but don't know what width I would like to get 8"s but not sure if they will fit I want the same size for both axles. the 8's come in 4 and 4.75" bs. the 7's come in 4" also. Another guy has the 8 with 4 and says they rub on big dips in the road. but clay has had them on 3 different cars and no problems?

Originally posted by hanly2
.38 while you are in a zone can you help me out. I have a 86 442 and I need to get wheels I want 17's but don't know what width I would like to get 8"s but not sure if they will fit I want the same size for both axles. the 8's come in 4 and 4.75" bs. the 7's come in 4" also. Another guy has the 8 with 4 and says they rub on big dips in the road. but clay has had them on 3 different cars and no problems?
One thing is to make sure that your shocks and springs are not worn out as well.

Clay,

I ordered a set for my T-type in 17x11 and 9.5 sizes. :) While I was talking to the Sportruck.com people, I asked if they could have the centers powdercoated and found out they'll do them for $50/wheel additional while they're being built. So.. I am having the centers on mine powdercoated in charcoal gray to go with the Rosewood T. I think it should look sharp!

Dammit Kendall. You just had to pee on my parade. I'm going through all this trouble to get mine pcoated and I could have had it done to start with. Oh well. I'm sure yours will look good. Send some pics when you get them.

I have brand new kyb shocks and I am putting new springs on the car before or after I get the wheels. I'll probably be using the moogs 5660 and 5409's or maybe the eibachs if I'm feeling rich. That sucks that you missed out on the powder coating. What kind of price quotes are you getting for having them done now? I plan on getting the torq thrust 2's that are powdercoated, but if they don't have the bs I need then I might have to buy the polished ones and have them done.

I think your question was: will those wheels fit? I don't see any reason they wouldn't, with either one of the backspacing measurements. Personally I would go with the 4.75 in the front and 4 in the rear for the staggered look. You shouldn't have to change anything on your car.

So I can go with the 17x8 with 4"bs or with 4.75 bs for both the front and the rear. I want to be able to rotate my tires easily.

the best 17" package is 17x8 w/ 4" backspacing up front and 17x9.5 w/ 4.75 backspacing in the rear. A friends car has this package and looks great. he is known as HYBRIDT on this site and if you search you can find pic's of his car to look at. IMO I would sacrafice the rotating to get a better look. if you do the 17x8's in the back too it might look a little skinny. These cars just look better with more meat in the rear.

His car is a regal right? Do you know if he has the stock suspension? I'm worried about the front wheels rubbing If I lower the car. I would like to get the 17x8's all around with 4bs. I don't need 9.5's in the rear. Do the olds and the buicks have the same space in the fenders?

Originally posted by hanly2
His car is a regal right? Do you know if he has the stock suspension? I'm worried about the front wheels rubbing If I lower the car. I would like to get the 17x8's all around with 4bs. I don't need 9.5's in the rear. Do the olds and the buicks have the same space in the fenders?
Its a regal turbo-T w/ cutlass eurosport nose on it. He has Eibach springs that he clipped about another coil off up front.