Orangish spark plugs?

Billdogg

PSI FED 6
I pulled my spark plugs out, and they have an orangish color to them. What could this mean?

Are you saying the orange is from using octane booster? I've ran maybe 10 gallons of xylene through it before a few months ago. And maybe 15 gallons of unleaded 104 lately at the strip.

Or are you saying I should be running more octane regularly?

Anything other than regular old unleaded gas like some high octane race fuel or octane booster like NOS 104 or weird additives can cause coloration. If the coloration is consistant with all the cylinders, it is probably caused by octane booster or high octane race fuel being burned. It is just the deposits they leave on the hot parts inside the combustion chamber( plugs, exhaust valve). Run regular old fuel throught it and it should evently burn off a little if not completely. Put race fuel or an octane booster back in and it will return more than likely....

Xylene will help keep things nice & clean, the 104 unleaded gas you bought prob'ly has a lot of MMT in it. I ran some of the "octaine booster " in a can before I learned better & after 2 cans my fresh plugs looked like rusty from the MMT additive. The xylene "homebrew" works great & I have used it quite a bit from time to time.