Orange Spray Bulb Does Not Light Up???

Future-GN-Owner

Boostaholic
Alright I am new here and just purchased my first GN this weekend. It already has the SMC alky kit on it and from what I can tell it works fine (I can smell the alky and the alky in the res. is getting used up). The only problem I have with the kit is that the orange spray bulb does not light up. Could this be a wiring issue or could the bulb be burned out? The green and red lights work. I am in the process of a complete tuneup (plugs, fuel filter O2 sensor, wires, etc) so I can get this thing dialed in and was hoping for an easy fix just so I can tell when it is spraying. Any help would be appreciated. Matt

Mine is hidden in the centre console of the LTD so I dont even see mine light up. Too much else to worry about.
Like Razor said, contact Steve & he will help you out.

I emailed Steve and he said to turn the speed dial to max and check the inline guage when someone hit the test button which I did today and the gauge did not move nor did idle change. Well I took the car for a cruise around town trying the test button every now and then and all of a sudden at stoplight I press the button the car almost dies and the Scanmaster goes to 800+ so I assume it worked (no light still). Anyway I hit the button again while driving and the Scanmaster reads 800+ again so I put it to the floor and the car runs great at 18 lbs of boost. I try it again a couple more times and sometimes the cars runs smooth under boost and other times it spits and sputters about 3k so my guess is the pump is working sometimes and not others. I get back home pop the hood have my girlfriend hit the button again and the car almost dies but the pressure gauge still did not move??? Does that make any sense? Its dark now but tomorrow after work I am going to follow the wiring and check the grounds etc. Matt

Just remembered after my smooth full throttle run at 18psi I did a recall on the Scanmaster and it was 812 millivolts and .9 knock which is okay if I remember right. Like I said I am still very new to this stuff but trying to research read and learn as much and as fast as I can. Thanks again for any help. Matt

Strange coincidence but i'm also having trouble with my SMC spray light also on my Subaru. My difference is my test button sprays/turns on when i push the test button. When i'm on boost the spray light is not turning on.

Anyways, the stumbling at idle is normal (at least on my Subaru) when pushing the test button. Its a quick way to see if the pump is spraying without going under the hood. The car is temporarily running rich when you do this.

I actually disconnected the hose and rerouted it back into the tank and had a buddy use the test button with the speed dial at max and just like I thought sometimes it would work but about 70% of the time it would not. The weird thing is the orange spray bulb started working out of the blue but only intermittently. I am trying to pick up a good working older setup but if that falls through I may just be purchasing a new setup. I need to check out the Razors kit if it comes down to that. Matt