Options: Rear Bumper Energy Absorber

Morbid

Need to replace these and the GM Part# 22017846 is coming up discontinued.
I'm sure I could find a old pair used but wondering if there is any charge left in them by now.

Mine are fully collapsed and won't extend back out.

TIA

You can pull them back out but they won't do much other than push back in. I've got 1 or 2 NOS units sitting around but after all this time I doubt they have a charge left in them either. You could also replace the ones you've got with the aluminum replacements but they won't collapse in the event of a wreck.

Hey Charlie, thanks for following up.

I don't want to go with the aluminum for the reason you specified.
R U planning to use those units you got?

As a aside, I responded to your PM last week, did you get it? I was going through a rough patch at work.

Not planing on using them or the ones on my parts car. They're all a little rusty from sitting around but I'll see about getting some pics of them if you want.

Got your PM and have been a little busy of late so I haven't responded. Sorry about that.:oops:

Not planing on using them or the ones on my parts car. They're all a little rusty from sitting around but I'll see about getting some pics of them if you want.

Got your PM and have been a little busy of late so I haven't responded. Sorry about that.:oops:

K, slip me some snaps when you get a chance.

Having fixed the linkage for the shifter the car no longer has the "park" issue so it can sit while I come up w/the scratch for some new bumper fillers.
Which I had till the tranny went.:mad:

One of these days, hopefully. I know it's a bear but it's really the only way to go on cars of our vintage. Knock everything out at once instead of piecemeal.

just put some aluminum ones on... their whole purpose is to get the car to pass low speed parking lot incidents without a certain dollar amount of damage to the car... they effectively do nothing to prevent damage to the car or the people inside it in a real crash...