Opionions on 1987 or 88 turbo thunderbird

brittken

Crazy for Sonya!!!
Hey guys. I have seen a couple of these cars recently in my area and I would like some opinions on these cars. I like the body style and am wondering if they are good cars to tinker with.

my buddy is building one for his son and we found some stuff for them made by ATR. They have potential.

There are a fair ammount of goodies still available for these cars, and it's still a "fox" platform so interchangability isn't a problem. Like the styling, like the handling.Only thing I dont like about them is how noisy the 2.3l is.

the new hot rod has a mustang with a turbo coupe motor that has a 72 turbo on it. the guy has to give it a nitrous shot to get it spooled up and it runs 9s

Thanks for the link to the pics. That is the nicest one I have seen on ebay yet. :cool:

The Thunderbird Turbo Coupe is the GN at Ford. The 2.3l responds to mods just like the 3.8. I got a SVO and it is comparable to the GN. It has a GN intercooler and a modded GN turbo. It runs like a scalded dog! Loves 3 inch exhaust and downpipe. Uses 5.0 parts... cheaper than GN parts....

Chuck