Opinions On What Chip Run

njbadboy

87 Sick Ass GN
Ok Guys I just got MY 1st GN Here is a link to the slide show that the former owner did for me.
Daves 87 GN

The car has the following:
3'' Mease Stainless DP, Hooker exhaust with Dynomax Ultra Flo Mufflers, Cat test pipe
Walbro GSS340 FP with Racetronix hot wire kit
Billet adj FPR
Hueffman Big Mouth Cold air Induction System
RJC power plate, Thrasher #93 prom
HRpartsNstuff poly motor mounts
Pillar mounted boost gauge, Adj wastegate
Chrome up pipe, turbo shield, EGR cover

33,800 documented miles.

The Car runs at 18-19 pounds of boost but I hate that the response with this chip. It is very stumblie and rough. There is poor throttle response as well and it seems like it is running very rich. The former owner said the fuel pressure is at 41.5 lbs and that is what I need to avoid engine knock. I thought there were allot of after market chips out and would appreciate your recommendations. The car is much more crisp with the factory chip but I don’t want to run it with the boost @ 18-19 with the factory chip. I was told that it would damage the motor. Help Please

Well you didn't say which chip it currently has that you don't like, but I'd suggest TurboTweak. Dozens of guys around here use their chips, including me. Very happy with it.

www.turbotweak.com

yeah, thrashers were not great chips......you will really like the turbotweak chip.....night and day difference.

Eyup, check out Eric Marshall @ turbotweak.com for a good chip ($75 + reasonable S/H--unless recent price increase)!

Yup! :biggrin: Eric @ turbotweak is the man. Lucky you, having 93 octane available... :(

Do you have a scan tool. Most Thrasher chips should be set at 45 psi with line off.

+6 for erics chips

One for each car :biggrin:

Agreed with rb68rr, the thrasher chip requires 45psi of fuel pressure with the vacuum hose removed temporarily to check fuel pressure.
HTH

BW