Opinions on Engine Build

A well built reliable transmission and converter made to support moderate power will set you back 2-3k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed about 3'000 for a good trans build and 1000 for a good converter PTC non lock 9.5 looking at 4000 plus...

I agree w bison 400hp is not hard to achieve w stock block and bolt ons. Less downtime too not having to do a rebuild. You should get the bolt ons and enjoy it. If the engine does go then get into a rebuild. 400hp on a stock block isn't going to take it out. Stock heads ported are more then enough to get you there too.

It comes down to how deep your pockets are and are you really going to be satisfied w a light build??

It comes down to how deep your pockets are and are you really going to be satisfied w a light build??
I'm good with a light build. I'm 40 years old and I'm not a drag racer. I just want something that will get out and go and take to shows, cruise ins, and maybe the power tour. I've thought long an hard about this and the 400 hp range is a good mix of power and reliability.

Agree...probably should have went to more detail than a shift kit. I had an Iroc years ago with a manual value body and compeletly built by a guy up near Bowling Green, OH (does truck pull truck transmissions) set me back 2500. I fully expect to be up around 3k for a rock solid tranny.

Look on here for user name richiehipsi or richiehighpsi

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks for the info...opinions on any transmissions Monster offers?
For trans go with Lonnie or Dave and there are a few more that are great guys to build you a solid 2004r... For converter dusty at PTC or David turbo Buick performance they do great converters

Does he own a shop? Seminole is 5 mins from me. Can't find anything except his 8 sec runs on Google.
Yes richiehighpsi is his screen name. He is doing a full engine build for me now. Great guy and knows how to build them to last and go fast!!

If I had a bone stock car to start with I'd do a few mods and throw e85 or alky at it and call it a day. I wish I left mine alone some days.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1429570141.463029.jpg

Here's a screenshot that may help you.
I'm in lake city, I have dealt with Richie several times in the past on a GN and built shortblock ... All good.
Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I'd like to be in the 10-15K range. This is a hobby..While I could buy a car done like you said...part of the fun is building it an making it my own.
At 10,000 to 15,000 Theres cars out there with bolt ons going mid 11 to even 10 second range . And you can find a really nice turbo regal that's pretty nice inside n out . They are out there . Or find one n just your typical bolt ons for high 11's low 12's . It'll do that with stock Gn turbo on race gas chip .

If your that close to richie that's a no brainer , for what you want to do he can get you there blind folded lol. My buddy turbotwister is friends with him , good guy for sure .

I know him personally been to his house many many times good guy knows his shit... He is a very buzy guy tho. So be patient and he will get back to you

Once you start modding them they become money pits lol...
At 10,000 to 15,000 Theres cars out there with bolt ons going mid 11 to even 10 second range . And you can find a really nice turbo regal that's pretty nice inside n out . They are out there . Or find one n just your typical bolt ons for high 11's low 12's . It'll do that with stock Gn turbo on race gas chip .
I get what you're saying, but the build is the fun for me. I enjoy fixing up cars and making them mine. I found this one a couple year back in Ohio. Guy hit a deer and was just going to have it totaled. Deer never got into the frame or rad or anything. Just needed a front clip. So I bought it dirt cheap and fixed it up. Took it to a few local shows and brought home some trophies. It's the build I enjoy. Don't get me wrong I love driving them to!

Attachments

• gxp1.JPG
    gxp1.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 117
Very nice ! I hear ya , have fun with the build , post pics as you move along with the project .