Opinions on buying this T...

kenny

No turbo, no care.
Went and looked at it today and can't make up my mind... give me your opinions.

130k miles, mostly stock (has a translator, LT1 maf and an exhaust). Car runs mint. Interior is mint except that it doesn't have a head liner.

No G80 code on the trunk.

Bad repaint (prep work was horrible, overspray all over, but the paint doesn't look THAT bad - minimal rust but there is putty when you open the doors, doesn't seem horrible but that is the part that scares me).

Said he would take $4700.

317ioav.jpg

25fri87.jpg

212tlb9.jpg

656a7a.jpg

looks good to me and the price is pretty good, you gotta remember your paying under $5k for a buick, she's bound to have some flaws. but over all she looks good.

That's kinda what I'm thinking.

If it turns into a bondo bucket it would make a good donor for an El Camino I've been wanting to build...

Maybe do the magnet test in a few spots along the quarters, rockers and doors. If it drives nicely, holds boost and doesn;t have any drivability issues then yes you're getting a fair deal.

It sounds like it's gonna need a resto either way but $4700 doesn't sound that bad for a TB that looks presentable and is driveable. Buy it, drive it and enjoy it for what it is. Just my 02.

The color matching grille would have to go within 5 minutes of having it home, lol.

Poor paint = poor prep = bondo galore but it looks like the interior is nice, and that can be a good indicator that the driver probably didn't let the outside fall into a rust pit.

The plus side is, you can part it out for well over $4,700 so worst case you shouldn't lose any money.

I have a W02 grill laying in the garage, so yeah, that would be fixed very quickly.

The hood and trunk need adjusted and it has a CB antenna that has to go.

Still haven't decided... going to call him today again, might drive it if I have time. Tomorrow is my last day of class and then I get my degree, finally.

Doesn't look like a bad car for $4700, but what it really comes down to is what will you be happy with and how much will you have to spend to get it there. If you just want a fun driver and don't plan to get into much body work it might not be bad. However, I can tell you from my experience that when I was looking for a TR originally I almost purchased a car very similar to this one, but instead I decided to hold onto my money and waited for a car that didn't need so much work. It cost me about 3K more than the original car that I was looking for, but if I had purchased the first car I would've had probably more than double that into making it just as nice!:eek: Needless to say I was happy I didn't pull the trigger so fast and looked around some more.

What I'm saying is sometimes it pays to wait and look around until you find a good deal on a clean car and trust me with the economy being so bad right now some people are letting nice clean cars go for cheap! I'd say for around 7-8K you can find one that is much nicer cosmetically, but again it comes down to how much you have to spend and what will you be happy with.

I'm looking at it as more of a driver than anything. No real intent to do anything body wise.

If I do buy it I will still be looking for a CLEAN white or gunmetal WO2 car to become the fast car.

and I agree on the wheels. It has one of the stock ones in the trunk, guy doesn't have the other three, though.

I called the guy back today but have yet to talk to him.

If the car hasn't sold I'm going to pick it up this weekend assuming it drives as nice as he says it does (he hasn't BS'd me about anything else so I think it will).