Opinions on 2011+ Buick Regal GS

gnturbo1987

I'm looking into purchasing one of these in the near future. Not looking for brand new either. I am looking at the auto and fwd, but I have yet to drive one. Any of you own or know anyone that has owned one? What are the pro's and con's that you experienced? I think these cars look very cool and sporty. Any input would be helpful.
Thanks!

It's only available with a 4 cylinder and performance is lame even with the turbo engine… definitely not a car for me. Motor Trend did a road test of one with a best 1/4 mile time of 15.70!…(n) Also, I don't like the front end with those big vertical openings in the bumper on each side of the grille…:vomit:I prefer the CXL model but I'd take a Taurus SHO turbo anytime over it.;)

Claude.

Last edited:
My wife has the cxl turbo. Nice car, good daily driver. A tune can really wake it up if you want to go that route.

I test drove one about 3 years ago and was severely disappointed. Fit and finish were not that great and it was slow and laggy. It had good brakes. That's all I can say for it. Then I went and drove a Taurus SHO. HOLY CRAP!! Not only was it so much nicer, but it was stupid fast. Kind of apples to oranges but I was sold on Ecoboost. I bought a 2010 Flex that was super nice and hauled ass big time with just a tune. I never took it to the track, but I'm sure it was a very low 13 second vehicle. I put on a ton of miles and sold it along with my Titan a year later to get a new 2013 F150 FX4 Ecoboost. With just a tune it ran 13.5@100. It also tows amazing. I am considering selling my 2014 WRX hatch to get another Flex. I would love a SHO, but the 100lb trunk I carry around is easier to load in a hatchback and I don't know if I could get over the ugly factor of the Taurus.