opinion on alky kit

riviera

I have a really good lead on a smc progressive alky kit I have been able to find anything good or bad about it.if anyone is running this set up please let me know your experience with it. Also what so you think is a fair price for a kit like this thanks

im sure youve been told ALKYCONTROL ... i'll tell you if you go SMC progressive and if you dont blow your shit up youll be calling alkycontrol

there is no support for the smc but razor (aka alkycontrol) does sell a pump for that kit , its the pump razor uses for his jet ski kits

The smc kits have been around a long time and people have used them with good results. I think smc was more popular with the import crowd and a few of the boosted Stang groups than they were with the Buick group but people do have them. I've seen quite a few kits up for sale though. Many of them said they were going with one of Razor's kits instead. I'm not saying anything is wrong with them but I think Razor's kits are a little better sorted out for our cars and are neater, especially using the stock over flow jug as a reservoir instead of some of the odd things I've seen on smc kits. Plus. Julio supports the board here both as a vendor and as a tech guru therefore supporting him is supporting ourselves so most people here will preach Alkycontrol. I understand about money though so if the deal is good just make sure you get everything you can that came with the kit such as the directions (I'm always surprised at people who don't keep instructions :rolleyes:) and any tips, photos, or problems the owner ran into while installing or running the kit.

I have a really good lead on a smc progressive alky kit I have been able to find anything good or bad about it.if anyone is running this set up please let me know your experience with it. Also what so you think is a fair price for a kit like this thanks
If its a good enough deal and you know what you're doing you'll probably be fine. Julio's kit is very well sorted and his support is unbelievable. You definitely wont get that with anyone else, but if the price is right you gotta do what you gotta do.

The smc kits have been around a long time and people have used them with good results. I think smc was more popular with the import crowd and a few of the boosted Stang groups than they were with the Buick group but people do have them. I've seen quite a few kits up for sale though. Many of them said they were going with one of Razor's kits instead. I'm not saying anything is wrong with them but I think Razor's kits are a little better sorted out for our cars and are neater, especially using the stock over flow jug as a reservoir instead of some of the odd things I've seen on smc kits. Plus. Julio supports the board here both as a vendor and as a tech guru therefore supporting him is supporting ourselves so most people here will preach Alkycontrol. I understand about money though so if the deal is good just make sure you get everything you can that came with the kit such as the directions (I'm always surprised at people who don't keep instructions :rolleyes:) and any tips, photos, or problems the owner ran into while installing or running the kit.
Thank Your For Your Advice And I Will Use It In Decision makinh

I use Alkycontrol from Julio. I would not put any other system on my car even if it was free! It is plug and play! And Julio always answers his phone! Nuff said! Go Bills and Rex SB coming soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I v.could find any info or contact info on razor kit.if you have a number please send.what do you think about snow set up

theres no decision to make buy the alky control from any of the vendors here or be prepared to start another thread how the snow system crapped out and you blew your motor. And you get a bunch of I told you so post. Plenty of info on this forum about the alky control. I suggest you use the search option, can anskwer 90% of the questions you have and save others from repeating the same answers over and over. Go with alky control and don't look back.

alkycontrol is razor is julio...its all the same
alkycontrol is the company
julio (julio don ) is the man who owns and builds the alkycontrol kits
razor is his screen name on this and other forums
he also moderates the alky forum here , http://turbobuick.com/forums/forums/alcohol-nitrous-and-propane-tech.14/ and has written some good articles in the alky forum stickys about tuning with alky http://turbobuick.com/forums/threads/tuning-the-alkycontrol-kit.147348/

info can be found at
alkycontrol.com
the alky forum here
you can buy off ebay direct from him http://stores.ebay.com/ALKYCONTROL_W0QQssPageNameZl2QQtZkm?rmvSB=true or from almost any of the buick vendors on this forum
or you can call him during business hours, 813 265 1400

o

Last edited:
alkycontrol is razor is julio...its all the same
alkycontrol is the company
julio (julio don ) is the man who owns and builds the alkycontrol kits
razor is his screen name on this and other forums
he also moderates the alky forum here , http://turbobuick.com/forums/forums/alcohol-nitrous-and-propane-tech.14/ and has written some good articles in the alky forum stickys about tuning with alky http://turbobuick.com/forums/threads/tuning-the-alkycontrol-kit.147348/

info can be found at
alkycontrol.com
the alky forum here
you can buy off ebay direct from him http://stores.ebay.com/ALKYCONTROL_W0QQssPageNameZl2QQtZkm?rmvSB=true or from almost any of the buick vendors on this forum
or you can call him during business hours, 813 265 1400

o
Thank You, YOU Have Been Really helpful

Sorry, didn't mean to confuse you with the Razor and Julio stuff. I sometimes forget not everybody has been around here as long as I have. ;)

As far as Snow, they are big with the turbo Mustang crowd but as far as I know they never done anything specific for our cars. It was more like a universal setup you had to adapt to your car. No where near as user friendly as the Alkycontrol kit.

P.S., If you do decide to go with Razor's kit make sure you let him know you found him on this board. that way he'll know his support of this board pays off.

Well damm Dreamn4gn don't hold back! Speak your mind! Lol!u going to check out the search.
Wasn't meant to come off that way. Haha just isn't another option. Well reliable option. Even then still need to make sure pump is in working order. Some have spares and change them and rebuild them frequently. I'm gettin mine installed this winter.

I'll jump on the "just buy alkycontrol and don't look back" bandwagon. I really like his kits. I'm one of those people who tried to setup an alky system with just a hobbs switch back in the day and injured my motor because of it. This kit is the simplest and most reliable way to get into methanol injection on a TR.

Snow makes a pretty nice progressive controller for the price though. It has an initial turn on dial, another dial to say what psi you want the system to be at 100%, and a built in 3 bar MAP. I actually started out adapting the Razor kit to the snow controller back in the day. Was it worth it? Not really. I had to get creative to get all the pressure and alky on lights to work the way I wanted them. I ended up just getting Razor's controller in the end to keep it simple an it works fantastic.

The BWR ISAC controller is pretty cool too. You can enable wideband tracking and also control your boost with it. Very tempting for someone like me who wants to fine tune the car to be able to just hammer it on the street and tune out most of the wheel spin.

Most other kits have plastic hoses alkycontrol ( Julio ) has braided steel lines . Most other kits cant run 100% Meth what you want to run. their pumps cant handle it.

Most other kits have plastic hoses alkycontrol ( Julio ) has braided steel lines . Most other kits cant run 100% Meth what you want to run. their pumps cant handle it.