Open loop idle not working properly

Mikey T

Sometimes my car will go into closed loop mode on cold starts and also after warm and will not idle in open loop.I have a TT chip burned by Eric,I have tried swapping out chips and ecm and the car still goes into closed loop at idle,more often then not lately.Is this the O2 sensor?I am not sure where to start.

What indications are you seeing that it is going into closed loop when it's not supposed to??? The only thing that can command closed loop is the chip.

Make sure the ECM isn't resetting on startup. You'll know if all the BLM's keep resetting to 128 on a startup (they should not do that).

What indications are you seeing that it is going into closed loop when it's not supposed to??? The only thing that can command closed loop is the chip.
Scanmaster décimal pont stops flashing and the o2 volts bounce all over the place instead of the normal smooth 850's idle

Make sure the ECM isn't resetting on startup. You'll know if all the BLM's keep resetting to 128 on a startup (they should not do that).
I changed the ECM again and it is now open loop idling properly,So I think the problem is solved!