Only at the track.....

coolguywalt

Well, my first time to the track in TTA and I knew in my heart that something would happen...it did. While trying to build boost at the line (unsuccessfull, engine would go to 2200 rpm before tires would squeal) and after a pretty decent takeoff, about a second or two later, the car seems to fall flat on its face, bogging, for like 3 seconds or so, then takes off like nothing is wrong at all!!! TPS was dead steady at .425mV at idle, no codes or anything!! After 2 more passes with the same result I decided to see if I might be getting Knock retard from a false source, an engine mount. So I brake torque the thing and sure enough, the driver's side of the engine started to lift like 3". Could this be the culprit for my symptoms? The car also had a little bit of vibration on the ride home from the track. The car is bone stock with 69,000 miles! Please help me.

Well, checked the chip, turns out it is an ATR one for the TTA. I decided to check the motor mounts, but they looked fine, no tears or anything! Just smooth all the way around. So I decided to get a gallon of Xylene and put it in a half-full tank. I tried launching it like I did at the track, got it to 2000 rpms and no boost and it took off great! Now I am wondering why does it not spool fast? I can't get it to spool fast at all, it takes a while to build the boost while driving. Any suggestions?:confused: