One of our members and a good friend to many of us passed away Sunday

No disrespect intended, but while this thread states his board name was Hypsi87, the sticky says Alkyholic. Who exactly are we talking about?

I am very sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Tom Tom Turbo said:
Andy had two names on this board, but we are talking about the same great guy.

Thanks for clarifying that for us. Indeed a great person, always answered any stupid question I had when I got started here.

Our sincere condolences...

To the family,

The Administration, Friends and Members of

Turbobuick.com

Andy was one of my closest friends and while I cannot say much more about him that hasn't already been said, I wish to send his family my deepest condolences. I grew up with him in high school. He was the one to really get me interested in cars and racing and such. He was always willing to help anyone in any way he could. The world has lost one hell of a guy. I know I will miss him dearly. So long, my friend. :(

Andrew Allen Filson
03/16/1983 - 07/17/2005
Rest In Peace

I am sure I speak for most in saying that everyone in Turbo Buick.com is feeling in one way or another the loss you have suffered. The older we get, the more we have to try and gain some wisdom from these unanswerable situations. I try to remember the good these people have brought to my life and the positive effect they have had upon me. It is a celebration of the life (regardless of how short) that puts meaning to their live's and keeps their memories alive and happy in our head. My prayers and thoughts go out to his family, friends, and all that knew him. God bless.

Mark

Andy was a friend of mine. The company that I work for used to hire the company that he worked for to do drilling for us. I got to know him pretty well and went to the dragstrip a couple of times with him. He certainly loved his GN. I will miss him.

:(

I would like to send a card and perhaps something toward the funeral.

Please post an address..

James

The funeral services were held today. All I have to say is there sure were a lot of people who had plenty of nice things to say about Andy. The line of cars in the procession was well over a mile long. If anyone would like to send a letter, they can be sent to my address and I will forward them to his family. I will be forwarding Andy's mail to his father's address this Sunday and will post his address when I receive it.

My address is:
2523 W Nebraska Ave
Peoria, IL 61604

Well I don't have anything more to add that hasn't been said, i didn't know him personally but had seen him around the board and always thought he seemed like a cool kid and its rare to find a buick owner around my age. I'm so sorry to all that knew him. Reading all the replies here made my eyes begin to water as its such a tragity to loose your life at such a young age. I hope hes up there racing buicks in the sky :(

I was at both the wake an funeral and I have to say it was a real eye opener. I knew he was a great guy but I didn't know how many lives Andy touched and how active he was with his family, friends, and church. He did everything in his life to help people. Andy was a big boy through out his whole life but from what I was told never used that to his advantage. At 22 years old he did accomplish alot and REALLY did help out others and with nothing but a pure heart. I honestly hope that I can be half the man he was and I truely mean it. I just keep on thinking at 22 he did so much good and imagine how much he could have done in the future.

One of your Indian brothers Andy
Joe (Denny)

sincere thoughts go to his family and friends for the loss of a beloved one. Always remember he will never be forgotten for all the fond memories and for all the hearts he had touched in so many lives, in the short precious time he had on this earth. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Princess & TurboIndian

I don't visit this board very often at all any more and was just today PM'd about this tragedy. I am at a loss. The car Andy was driving was the WE4 I just sold to his friend Heath a couple of months ago. I was the one who put those tires on that vehicle a couple of years back. That should have been me... why didn't it happen to me. Maybe with my many more years of driving experience I could have maintained control and consequently changed tires prior to any sale. At the very least, I am twice his age and have lived a pretty full life... why take a 22 year old?

I am just sick. I met Andy the day he and Jason and Roger came to look at my car for possible purchase by Heath who was out of town, and he seemed like a great guy. I wish there was some way I could take it all back...

FWIW, those tires were on the vehicle for two or three years with several thousand miles on them and I never saw any odd wear or anything. They were also purchased directly from the retread company and had nothing to do with BGC. Thought that should be clarified. Please believe me that I would NEVER knowingly sell a vehicle that I thought was compromised.

The person who PM'd me said "i just thought it may interest you since i know a lot of hard work went into that car by you." I can't state firmly enough that it was just a replaceable piece of metal... Andy is not replaceable.

To his family and friends I can only say that my sincerest sympathy goes out to you all. I don't know what else to say. I just really wish I could take it all back...

The good die yong.

I lost a good friend in a drowning acksident two days ago and know i read this .Ididnt know Andy sounds like he was a great kid with a great life ahead of him. Not to say any thing aginst you Jay but i didnt know that you could still buy retreaded tires much less raceing retreds and why would any one take a chance on them. You see them all over the highway everywere, they are wrecks waiting for a happening. I am sorry for the family hope GOD is with you. Alan :(

<<Not to say any thing aginst you Jay but i didnt know that you could still buy retreaded tires much less raceing retreds and why would any one take a chance on them.>>

I can tell you I was ASSURED at the time of my purchase that retread technology was far more advanced and that some of the problems of old were no longer issues. They were DOT approved soft compound tires, not a "race only" tire.

My wife and daughter drove that car from time to time (my daughter took it down the strip a few times just last summer)... I honestly didn't think I was taking a chance putting those tires on.