one of my newest kills 350 Z at the track

datant69

@ 4 nissans 350's show up at the local track and the guy with the fastest one has been eyeing my car and watching me run. of course just getting the car i was learning to spool and figure out the alky button and how long to hold it down. i ran the car about 6 times and this is the last run, he had a few mods on it and i saw him run some decent numbers. regardless i think i broke his heart because he saw me get killed off the line only to reel them in. guess he thought i'd be easy prey. enjoy the vid and it's a bit shaky at 1st but straightens out later. also i didn't spool so he's with me at the line with the even though he spins his tires but of course i did too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekJ-Ln6RpYcran

come on i just got it

yea i know but i was just trying to figure it out, of course i know more about it know including the repercussions of stressing it but this was shortly after i got the car. wasn't sure how long to hold down the alky button but figured when the engine bogged down it was primered. i know i can hold it down longer but exactly how long is too long for those running alky? until is starts spraying by itself when the boost is up? also i wasn't transbraking or anything it was brake then gas so i could get off it if the a55 came around on me.

also the link was working last nite but i'm registered under the same name under youtube, and it'll be a plus for any dallas cowboy fans of the old school. staubach, white, brown, got alot of vids from a charity game they played locally here.

Um....still confused.

The button is a test/purge feature, not activation. It should come on all by itself at a pre-set boost level.

Are you asking how long to purge it for? - 2 seconds max.

thank the cameraman

you can thank the camera man for the video, but he drives a mustang gt and i told him he was next. just kidding about him being next but he is my bro in law and he knows better. he was trying to walk some steps or something he said so sorry for the shaky video at 1st. now about the button on the alky smc pump control it's set between 10-25ish. i know it sprays auto after it gets wound up but i wasn't sure how long to hold the button down before you get on it.

You only hit the test button on the alky to prime the line, it kick's on when the presset boost is reached.

hitting the alky

that's what i figured out, i wasn't intending on holding it till it starts spraying itself. but for instance if your going to run someone how long would you hold it? several seconds, till the engine bogs down or ?

350's

that's true they aren't even close as you can see or know 1st hand. i wasn't even going to challenge him he actually asked me to run him since he saw me messing with my car and figured i'd be a notch on his belt.

that's what i figured out, i wasn't intending on holding it till it starts spraying itself. but for instance if your going to run someone how long would you hold it? several seconds, till the engine bogs down or ?

my rule of thumb is to purge the alky each time you start up the car after warm up but before you drive ........you dont need to purge before each run IMHO.....just a quick push of the button (one second?)just to see/feel the car stumble.....

my rule of thumb is to purge the alky each time you start up the car after warm up but before you drive ........you dont need to purge before each run IMHO.....just a quick push of the button (one second?)just to see/feel the car stumble.....

+1 first fire of car, purge it and be done with it

Blair witch....LOL:biggrin: ...if you watch the movie while driving down an old washboard dirt road...it evens out

That is what I do when I remember to :eek: :eek: