One Fast B4B

mat231v6

painter
Took my car to the track today; it was test and tune. I have to say my Buick performed real well for me. It ran an 11.987 and I have the time slip to prove that. I may have cheated to some; I had slick, a .63 nitrous jet, C-16 Fuel, real high boost (20), fiberglass bumpers, my custom home made fiberglass hood (needed it for the nitrous plate to fit) and I took the passenger seat out (it was only 4 bolts so why not) o I also used alky cant forget that. I love how nitrous and a 301 turbo work together. I was only able to get one pass in because I was told I needed more safety equipment.

Took my car to the track today; it was test and tune. I have to say my Buick performed real well for me. It ran an 11.987 and I have the time slip to prove that. I may have cheated to some; I had slick, a .63 nitrous jet, C-16 Fuel, real high boost (20), fiberglass bumpers, my custom home made fiberglass hood (needed it for the nitrous plate to fit) and I took the passenger seat out (it was only 4 bolts so why not) o I also used alky cant forget that. I love how nitrous and a 301 turbo work together. I was only able to get one pass in because I was told I needed more safety equipment.

:biggrin: Congrats Matt.:cool: Post the time slip and tell us how she felt.:smile: Did you use the sand bags like suggested?

sorry about the picture my stupid camara is not working.:mad: i had to use my cell and it works like poop. :mad:

Attachments

• Image07272011100311.jpg
    Image07272011100311.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 406
Cool! So 12's on a nearly full weight C/T car is possible. Im curious where it would be at 15 PSI and no nitrous. 13.50's?

Im not even sure how much a .63 jet is, is that a light tickle or a definite power boost?

Good to know that its possible on the stock intake. What head work do you have? Ported or anything?

Cool! So 12's on a nearly full weight C/T car is possible. Im curious where it would be at 15 PSI and no nitrous. 13.50's?

Im not even sure how much a .63 jet is, is that a light tickle or a definite power boost?

Good to know that its possible on the stock intake. What head work do you have? Ported or anything?

.63 is a big boost of power. its not a small shot at all. Actually, I don’t have a stock intake I ported the intake my self. I also ported the heads a while back when I built the engine.

Nice run.
.63 is a pretty big shot, I think I am running a .42. Nice to know there is some more in the stock type setup. I was curious how the 301 turbo would perform as well.

Matt

What safety equipment did you not have [ helmet ]? You should be good to 1150 with a helmet .. At least we are here .. Great job .. Looks like all your hard work is paying off .. Congrats . Very small group in the 11's with an hac ..

I know

well it'll get bigger, and there's even less that are the original ha drawthrough cars.:biggrin:

you guys are hard core .. Everything takes twice the time effort & money .. Not for the weak hearted .. 78 turbo coupe has come along way .. But its been a long time coming .. I love the cars . In my book better than a new camaro ..

you guys are hard core .. Everything takes twice the time effort & money .. Not for the weak hearted .. 78 turbo coupe has come along way .. But its been a long time coming .. I love the cars . In my book better than a new camaro ..

Time, yes. Effort, yes. Money, not really. The key is the research and understanding how to make it work better.:biggrin: Things for the earliest cars aren't exacly bolt on after all.:eek:

I just sent an email to Matt so he will update this with some other info. I really don't think you guys realize how well he did with the car. When he posts the info I think you'll understand what I mean.:biggrin:

matt , again great time. do you mind sharing your recipe.i am just starting the build on my 83 t and would like to see high 12s in street trim . and how much of a nitrous shot are you hitting with ? sorry for being so nosey but gots to know......thanks skip

Matt has had some personal issues come up and unfortunately is taking a break. Wish him well and I ask to let him work his way though it. Thanks. That's all I'm at liberty to say so don't ask.