? on xfi

kennygn1

right now i have classic fast having issues with it it at fast now. if it cant be fixed im gonna have to buy xfi. just want to make sure the xfi isnt something of the past seeing things on pro efi. i only used my classic fast for one year then the car sat or along time now my computer is pretty much out dated. dont want to do it again just hoping the xfi is gonna be around for awhile

XFI is far from outdated....just missing a few built in bells and whistles. It's also still plug and play which the ProEFI is not yet for our applications...something to consider depending on ones budget and local shop knowledge if you needed an install.

i wouldnt call classic fast outdated
it lacks ability to log additional auxilary inputs but it is an easy to work wideband correcting system with good logging ability with a laptop and is relativel cheap for used setups compared to going to an XFI

xfi is faster and has more input capabilities (nice for logging fuel and oilpressure with a PlugNPlay kit) , with a faster processor it can log more channels , can opt for an internal logger, can doVSS , a/c idle idle up and clutch disconnect at WOT , will lock a lockup converter , boost and egr control.. and could add traction control (black box)
user interface (c-com XFI) works very similar to classic fast (c-com WP) and aside from a couple more tables and parameters using either one with CCom requires almost no relearning

if those features on XFI arent needed i would just replace the classic
if you decide to go XFI call hartline performance

Thank you for the plug. I really doubt you will find a much cheaper price than our package deal.
The xfi really won't become outdated. It has the ability to be "flashed" by the user as FAST comes out with changes/improvements. This means the box really never has to be sent in, even if it was bought 5 years ago. Expect some new features in the next few months without any additional cost. At the GS Nationals I'll be showing off some new product that FAST will be releasing later.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

thanks for the info, these new features will be able to be added at a later time if i bought one soon

I will be doing testing at US131 track Tuesday. If all goes well, it might not be much longer.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app