On power seats how do I manually move the seat?

klever

On power seats how do I manually move the seat? My motor is good but it doesn't move at all( I guess the plastic parts inside that moves the seat are stripped) the seat is too close for me and I want to manually move it back. Anybody know how? thanks

try getting a new seat switch, or clean the contacts in your current switch. I had to recently replace mine. hard part to find but I believe buickfarm.com has them available for around $23.00 (they are located in delaware).

i don't think you can manually move a power seat.
pull the seat out and see what's what...
might be something as simple as a loose motor or something.

Sounds like you have a 86 and older seat. Here's what I have done in the past.This also works on the 87 and newer seats. If you can reach them pull the center cables off the seat tracks. Those control foward and aft. Take a small slot screw driver and put it in the gearnut part of the seat track. Turn the screwdriver until the seat track clears the mounting nuts. Sometimes you have to do a 1/4" at a time. You're in for a fun time if you don't have the room to reach those center cables.

Sounds like you have a 86 and older seat. Here's what I have done in the past.This also works on the 87 and newer seats. If you can reach them pull the center cables off the seat tracks. Those control foward and aft. Take a small slot screw driver and put it in the gearnut part of the seat track. Turn the screwdriver until the seat track clears the mounting nuts. Sometimes you have to do a 1/4" at a time. You're in for a fun time if you don't have the room to reach those center cables.

thanks