???? on brake fluid removal

morg87t

Just want to know if brake fluid can be drawn out of the master cylinder ? I really don't want to bleed out the whole system . can I get most of the fluid out by drawing out and pumping the brakes between? I know Iwill use alot more fluid this way. Any info would be great.

could probably use something like a turkey baster, but be carefull, the fluid will ruin any painted surface it touches!

does anyone have the full procedure onhow to remove the fluid with the turkey baster ? do you have to pump the brakes between each time you remove and refill the master cylinder ? I know to be careful brake fluid is some powerful stuff when it gets on anything thanks for the reply

does anyone have the full procedure onhow to remove the fluid with the turkey baster ? do you have to pump the brakes between each time you remove and refill the master cylinder ? I know to be careful brake fluid is some powerful stuff when it gets on anything thanks for the reply

Pump the brakes to get the fluid out of the accumulator and then just suck it out. This will not get the fluid in the lines you'll still have to bleed for that. Wipe the master cylinder to get the remaning gunk and refill with fresh fluid. Bleed the brakes until the fluid runs clear (new)