OMG- My First "Nice Monte Carlo"

Yankee John

I was filling up my GN after work tonight and a guy on a bicycle came over to look at my car. The first words out of his mouth was "Nice Monte Carlo" I quickly corrected him, telling him that it was a Buick Grand National- Similar to, but not the same car. We then chatted a bit about my T-tops, and that he used to own a '79 Monte Carlo. Then came the in evitable question: Does it have a 350 in it? I calmly told him that it has a turbo charged, intercooled 231 cube V-6 engine that was faster than the Corvettes of the same year..........

Didn't seem to make an impact on him- He then said "Nice car" and wandered away.

........I have been initiated, I guess :)

John

My cousin still calls my GN a "Monte Carlo SS" even though I've corrected him a dozen times.

I was filling up my GN after work tonight and a guy on a bicycle came over to look at my car. The first words out of his mouth was "Nice Monte Carlo" I quickly corrected him, telling him that it was a Buick Grand National- Similar to, but not the same car. We then chatted a bit about my T-tops, and that he used to own a '79 Monte Carlo. Then came the in evitable question: Does it have a 350 in it? I calmly told him that it has a turbo charged, intercooled 231 cube V-6 engine that was faster than the Corvettes of the same year..........

Didn't seem to make an impact on him- He then said "Nice car" and wandered away.

........I have been initiated, I guess :)

John

Suspect that he knew all along? Most car buffs / peeps that say that are actually aware of a turbo brick. I just respond back, thanks, Limited Edition Aerocoupe, '86, only year produced. Very limited quantity". They look again, then realize that they screwed up by having to look again, and walk away.

My cousin still calls my GN a "Monte Carlo SS" even though I've corrected him a dozen times.

Correct him one last time with a smack to the back of the head!!!!

Oh, and Yankee John, you have NOT been initiated until someone says, "hey man, is that one of them Regal SS's????":tongue:

Well sir if you like this Monte, you should see My Buick

Oh by the way it has a
LC-231-09 Stage Left top dead center block with Dual siamese bores
twin innercooled methanol infused turbo, Huff-Man Vortex Vacuum Whistle Cold Air Intake with a Bub-Rubb whistle tip, Multi stage convertor with double spooled 342 pig axel

0 to 60 before you can say 0 to 60

While racing one time the anouncer anounced my car as the nicest lookin Monte Carlo he had ever seen LOL

Well sir if you like this Monte, you should see My Buick

Oh by the way it has a
LC-231-09 Stage Left top dead center block with Dual siamese bores
twin innercooled methanol infused turbo, Huff-Man Vortex Vacuum Whistle Cold Air Intake with a Bub-Rubb whistle tip, Multi stage convertor with double spooled 342 pig axel

0 to 60 before you can say 0 to 60

ROFLMFAO I needed that after today. Thank you very much.:biggrin: :eek:

Here are some of my greatest hits

"You musta got the slow one, the fast ones had the twin turbo's"
"The fast ones had V-8's"
"My stock Duramax would smoke that POS Monte Carlo"
"Why did you take off the other turbo?"
"That's a Buick??!" <-After spanking some Ricer

Those are just the ones I remember that kinda stuck out.

I've quit trying! It is never going to end and they don't really care anyway.

I just says thanks.

What I really have fun with however is the look on their faces when thay ask how much (I have a permanent for sale sign in small white letters on the Opera windows). I tell them $16,000.00 and watch their faces screw up.

Never ceases to amuse me.

Mikey

I've the the worst of both worlds,either "Nice Monte",or "hey where's the grand national stickers?".Livin life with the WE4 sometimes is no picnic.

we had a # plate.. they still didn't get it :p

Attachments

• Meliissa launch ATCO.jpg
    Meliissa launch ATCO.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 221
We got to hear "Here is a Pontiac Grand National" once. The announcer had NO clue as to what he was even reading on the entry form.

While racing one time the anouncer anounced my car as the nicest lookin Monte Carlo he had ever seen LOL

I was asked if min was an "International" the other day. I just said no but it has the same engine and my son said what a dummy.

Real car guys know the difference. When you hear nice monte carlo or, with my Skylark, nice chevelle, you know you're talking to a want-to-be. Someone who wants to talk cars but has no idea how to. I like to call them posers.