Old School IASCA

GNnPH

Was nice to see some shots of the Speakerworks GN finally. But there was another GN from Canada I think owned by Holly Mungal. From what I hear its been sold awhile back but did anybody else see what kinda install it had?? Like I said, this was back a few years, was at the Masters Invitational in Stone mountain, GA when they rolled up in this huge transport. First they rolled off a Ferrari, then the GN came off. Very dark tint so couldn't see a thing, and the whole weekend it was closed up :(

Last I knew, that car belonged to George Grey (I think was his name. Total spoiled brat. He bought a finished car and showed it. I watched him throw a total fit one time....He placed first but didn't feel his score was high enough! The nerve of some asholes.

He wouldn't show the install then either.

Originally posted by zam70
Last I knew, that car belonged to George Grey (I think was his name. Total spoiled brat. He bought a finished car and showed it. I watched him throw a total fit one time....He placed first but didn't feel his score was high enough! The nerve of some asholes.

He wouldn't show the install then either.

It was George Clay actually....

I have several pics of the trunk of that GN.......

Xtant

Being a C.A.R. I'm assuming it had the PPI/QUART/JL/ STREETWIRES Combo- Curious to see how the front stage was set up- and I always like seeing different trunk displays, especially in the regals.

The ole' bro bought the MB quart/ XTANT Passat demo car a few years back. Definetely not gonna set any 1/4 mile records but man did it sound good, tight install to boot.

ZAM

I don't really understand some of these guys, especially the ones like him. I mean thats great if your Dad is gonna help ya out but don't make yourself out to be an A@@. Obviously the guys that have worked for the trophy are gonna appreciate it more anyways. I'd rather earn a good rep than buy one.

That wasn't so much the problem....

The guy WINS first place at the show...then proceeds to Yell and Scream at the judges because his first place score wasn't as high as he thought it should be....UNBELIEVABLE. I mean, a first is a first. A higher score doesn't make it, ummmm - "firster" - for lack of a better word.

I was an old school hard core IASCA competitor. Some of you old school guys might even know me or the car I competed with...I went REAL hard for 3 years...reached my goals (top 5 finals & magazine feature) and got out. It became to much of a money game (one I could not afford). It never ceased to amaze me how spoiled some of the rich kid/blank check competitors were.

I'm kicking around maybe giving it another shot but with what little research I've done, there doesn't seem to be any good competition organizations/formats any more. (NO USAC, I'm not an SPL guy) Are there?

Scott

Zam

I've most likely checked out your ride then if you were in the competition scene for awhile, obviously you were doing somethin right if you were top 5!! <G>- I think I only only missed one IASCA finals from 91' to 01', then USAC kinda became the thing and the finals were in my backyard- KC.

I doubt the guy made to many friends acting like that, probably some judges from a previous contest that scored em low - lol

I'm also up in the air as to what class I'd be in- back then it was like - add up the watts and thats what class depending on you experience level your in. Then came the "cheater" amps <G> then all hell broke loose. Seems like the class' change weekly, and there's SEVERAL different one's to choose from. Almost guranteed a trophy, just not enough cars to fill the spots in IMO. Definetely not a bass-head here although I do like the club stuff, as long as its clean and detailed.

The car I ran was a pearl white/silver 89 Pontiac Grand Prix w/grey tweed/white vinyl interior. Mag feature was June 96 "Car Audio Crush"...

I was the first car to run the Velodyne servo subwoofers. still wish I had them...

Kind of funny, looking back on those days.
I was one of the first to run kick panel mounted speakers around the midwest. The first show I went to with them (Libertyville, Il...key event) People literally, and I mean LITERALLY pointed and LAUGHED...I was so embarassed. I was the only one there out of about 150 cars that had them like that...I felt I'd made a huge mistake and was depressed as hell until I got my trophy :D.

Funny how things change.

I wish It'd all go back to how it WAS....
good times, good times....

Z,

I was praying you weren't the guy that mounted the BOSE 901's to the windshield pillar- lol. Seen some crazy stuff in the midwest.

Gonna have to get my video tapes out, I'm sure I got it at one point, especially if you had that velodyne <G>. As for the guys laughin' at the kicks, looks like you got the last laugh. have to go through my old mag's and look it up. At least back then the car's inside the mag were in there because of great install. Today its like anything with a huge wing and some decals is a sure bet to be in a mag even though the install could be done at Best Buy <G> . I'd much rather see the guy who took first at the IASCA finals than what Kobe Bryant is driving or any other sport celeb. Just my .02

Hey Xtant

Hook us up with some shots of GN, they must of done somethin right if the guy is taking home trophies- even if it is a low scoring 1st <G>

I think that servo sub closed out just over $600 on ebay.