Old F.A.S.T. Support for repairs

bruce

Rest In Peace
The full and complete answer from *Jerry* at F.A.S.T., is that they will do repairs for the old units, for as long as they can source repair parts for them.

They also have about 300 of the old units on hand, and production has stopped, on the old series. So once the current inventory is sold out, there will be no more of them.

So FOOKING what! Shall we list all the parts GM currently does not make for the GN? Based on that who would want to buy a GN. In addition, over the 5 or so years I have had a FAST box nothing has ever gone wrong with it.

Your "hard on" with this topic is absurd.

Thanks for calling them and clearing that up, Many people seem to think that support would be gone.Ive talked to some high ups there personally and they laughed at the thought,As you said support will be there.

RickWI said:
In addition, over the 5 or so years I have had a FAST box nothing has ever gone wrong with it.

Thanks, for posting something that was relevant to topic.

BTW, is this a daily driver?, if so can you estimate how many miles/ hours you have on it?.

KLHAMMETT said:
Thanks for calling them and clearing that up, Many people seem to think that support would be gone.Ive talked to some high ups there personally and they laughed at the thought,As you said support will be there.

Your welcome.

Given some of the history of other ecms (and their manufacturers), it is reasuring, to know that they are thinking of more then the short term.

You must be talking old DFI,I heard stories about that. I am ordering an XFI for a customer to replace a gen6.

KLHAMMETT said:
You must be talking old DFI,I heard stories about that. I am ordering an XFI for a customer to replace a gen6.

That's one example, but there is Cutler EFI, and I believe it was "AirFlow", that came and went, leaving their customers high and dry. One of the shops over here installed 2 of the Cutlers, and at the time they were pretty expensive. It was just a few months later, Cutler disappeared. "Airflow" never made many units, and came and went without much fanfare.

bruce said:
Thanks, for posting something that was relevant to topic.

BTW, is this a daily driver?, if so can you estimate how many miles/ hours you have on it?.

This car sees around 10,000 miles per year and has done Power Tour the past two.

Some folks are fireman and some are arsonists, your posts of have been the later of late.

RickWI said:
This car sees around 10,000 miles per year and has done Power Tour the past two.

Some folks are fireman and some are arsonists, your posts of have been the later of late.

Thanks, for the factual part of your post, as for the second half, well, we're all entitled to our opinions.

As long as I am still around there will be online support anyway for dfi and the old fast. However since i have not seen or been able to obtain a copy of the xfi software i Can't give help in that area.

I am in my mid 30's and i don't smoke. No need to worry. But the Stress from Bruces posts are getting my blood pressure up :redface:

norbs said:
But the Stress from Bruces posts are getting my blood pressure up

All I did in this thread is report on what I found out from calling F.A.S.T. since NOONE else seemed to know the full answer. I guess actually trying to find out the facts and share it with others is somehow a problem nowadays.

norbs said:
I am in my mid 30's and i don't smoke. No need to worry. But the Stress from Bruces posts are getting my blood pressure up :redface:

Double Ditto.

Bruce, You asked a vendor of the product to explain an in depth question about the internal circuitry of the ecu, and how its shielded, etc. Only an engineer would know that answer as they designed it. You can;t expect any vendor to know that. I bet even the tech people at fast don't know those details either. Call the Engineer and I'm sure you will find the answer. We need to move on to new topic.

norbs said:
Bruce, You asked a vendor of the product to explain an in depth question about the internal circuitry of the ecu, and how its shielded, etc. Only an engineer would know that answer as they designed it. You can;t expect any vendor to know that. I bet even the tech people at fast don't know those details either. Call the Engineer and I'm sure you will find the answer. We need to move on to new topic.

Which thread are you replying too?.
This one was about F.A.S.T. and their support (PCB style) for their now discontinued ecms.

If you'd have kept track of which thread was which, you'd see that I am now trying to contact the people that would know at F.A.S.T.. :)
For 30 you sure seemed stressed out over this....

Just checking if this thread is locked too.

An easy way to tell, is to look at the symbol in front of the thread title. If it has a symbol that looks like a padlock, then it's locked.