Options
Engine: 3.8 LITER
Transmission Type: AUTOMATIC
Horsepower: 235
Cylinders: V6
Exterior Color: BLACK
Interior Color: GRAY

Description

3.8 Liter/235hp V6 with an automatic, power steering, brakes, air and factory moon roof. Only 463 'Designer Package' cars produced.

Hmmmm, Some Honda Civic driving pencil pushing GEEK from BJ who just got a promotion to there "Product Promotions" department from there "window washing" department. :rolleyes:

Generally, BJ only copies what has been submitted by the owner. It will be interesting to see once the book is published if it gets corrected.

I don't know all there is to know about GN's, so I am wondering what the "Designer Package" was, is or isn't.

70Mach1..

I am like you, I dont know "everything" about turbo Buicks but what I do know is So Cal is correct. WH1 is the RPO code for the designer series. T-Types with two tone black and silver. Very sharp looking cars. I do belive 463 were produced in 86 and somthing like 575(?) in 85 and 1500 ish (?) in 1984. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. They did not produce the WH1 in 87. I use to own an 85. Very good looking car. Explains the "Moon Roof".

Yep, the misconceptions do not end. I had a someone tell me that the GN was produced up to 87, then they switched to GNX's in 88 and the FBI bought 1/2 of them:eek:

haha according to barrett jackson I will be owning a GNX soon !

But yeah the Designer Series cars are the WH1 T Types
463 WH1s were made in 86
525 in 85
and 1,163 in 84

Thanks

CRX, I knew my numbers were not acurate. I was close :)

BTW, I thought there was a 86 WH1 for sale listed on this site. A few months ago. Not sure if it is SOLD or not ?

just FYI

I know I'm a little late with my contribution, but yes,

"Designer Series" is the RPO "WH1", Black body with grey/silver center. red/grey/black pinstripe that covered the mating lines of the paint.

I had and 85 that was painted all black, and had no idea what it was until I researched the RPOs.

Geoff87 has the car now.

CRX, I knew my numbers were not acurate. I was close :)

BTW, I thought there was a 86 WH1 for sale listed on this site. A few months ago. Not sure if it is SOLD or not ?

just FYI

yes, and i'm buying it, so back off!! :D jk

thanks for looking out though