OK, what did I blow?

87natl

Fade 2 Black
Rolling in second gear this morning, stepped into it a bit and the DRs were just starting to howl a bit and....BAM!!!!! Lost everything. Car was freewheeling until I could get off the road. I sat there and ran thru all gears...nothing. Completely toast. Had to tow it home.

So, what broke? Whoever guesses right wins some dirty trans fluid!!:cool:

Same thing just happened to me , couldve been the drum, input shaft, or pump failure.
mine however was the tangs that the converter pushes into on the tranny pump were broke off due to the clearance on the converter i put on was too much of a gap like 1/2 to a 1/4 inch. i just pulled the pump & sent it off.

Could be a broken pump rotor or stuck ptressure regulator valve,pull a cooler line and start the car to check for flow.Could be a broken converter turbine hub,input shaft,od carrier ,ring gear,or input shaft.Either way its gotta ccome out.

I was figuring input shaft. Dunno. But it felt like I ran over a speed bump at 70 MPH when it went. Getting ready to drop it now.

But before I do, Chriss you are saying to pull a trans line and start it to look for flow? OK, I'll do that first.

LOL! Yeah, I get that part. ;) That only takes an hour, no biggie.

Pulled a line and started it briefly. Blew fluid all over the place.

Silly thought but when the same thing happened to me I noticed I no longer had a drive shaft.....it was a ways behind me on the road. :)

I suppose you have checked that but I'm just sayin'

Rent

THAT was funny, but at same time, makes you think TO NOT overlook the obvious!!!!!

Well, after dropping the trans we (thank you Mike Casteel for the assist) noticed that the sorry slimebag that did my tranny pulled a fast one, and replaced my trans with a CR trans. Pulled the pan and confirmed that it was a CR valve body. What else he did, WTF knows. But it's a moot point now. I have a large paper weight that needs to be replaced, as this thing is scrap. Anyone want some scrap metal?

Yup. Good time to swap up the converter as well. Probably going to go with a PTC unit. Still researchin......

Time for a visit to the guy who built that tranny

With a mean look on your face and vengeance on your mind...

I have no problem mentioning his name, the friggin crook. It was Rob at NRH Transmissions in Greenbelt MD. F'ed me over in more ways than you will ever know. I believe he closed up shop and moved to Kentucky or something. Hey Rob, if you're out there...F you very much!!