OK let's admit it...how many of you go out LOOKING for a race?

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
I find myself from time to time just taking the car out just to cruise and look for potential races on the street. How many of you do this and how often? I don't do it all the time...because I always like to make the other person start the "trouble" first. I am not aggressive at all when it comes to trying to race someone. But if the opportunity arrives, I always let the other guy "go" first to instigate it;) Anyone do this? Sometimes me and the g/f just go out and drive for the hell of it. I even let her drive it once and a while just to show off a cute blonde in a bad @ss muscle car:D

Thats something I would never do:D ;) . When I`m in the GN,its 99% looking to lay the smack on someone

i wouldn't dream of it, i'm offended that you think some of us would so something like that ;)

every single day.... i'm not out looking to get in as many races as i can, more so just keeping my eyes open for something that looks intresting or some rice, and the occasional a-hole too:p

Ahhhh feel the conscience of combat...

Heheheheh, going out "looking" for trouble? well, to be honest, It's Fun! lol. I for one share the same mentality of not being the one to "go first" unless they REALLY seem like something I'll need to respect like a viper venom or something worth the concern. I f you want further support that I share your views do a search with the title "Cobra gets peer pressured" and see that I've always had a philosophy of "Do not fire until Fired Upon it makes for a more chivalrous trouncing!" anyway, thought I'd share :).

Donny,

It is nice to see you out looking for races. I do it all the time, and you have to instigate the race or no one will go. Call out a couple of rides and they have no choice, especially if they are riding with a buddy. Keep up the good work.

Hehe the diffrence between own a TTA and a GN is that its more ricers and so that wants to race a TTA even if you dont wanna race :)

But I also look for races for the most time.

Daniel

Heh, i just did that about an hour ago. I've got a 72 chevy pickup with a few mods, and i always take the "long way", just so that i can have more time to try and find something to kill. Desktop dyno tells me ~475 hp, but i''m thinking more like 430-440 cause of my open chamber heads, crappy headers and crushed glass packs, so i'm sure i can show a few folks whats up. But its too bad cause i usually have to work til 12:30, and by then all the kids are aleady passed curfew, So i dont get too many races. `

I won't start a race. However, back in my days of 'competition' I used to sit with a bunch of friends in a parking lot and watch the other competition go by. That would draw some kids into 'cracking' then throttle as they went by. I never bit on that. I did have a situation where I was sitting and as I left to go cruise around there was another 'competitor' in the parking lot that was waiting for me. All I saw in my rear view mirror was a BUNCH of people all of the sudden wanting to cruise with me. Then I saw this guys truck (Dakota on a bottle) weaving through the crowd. Sure enough coming to a light, it was on. I spooled and held, the guy popped the clutch and jumped forward one car length... as soon as the light changed, I 'adjusted' that car length and immediately put on more on him. For final touches, I stayed in it for as long as he was trying.

See.. even when you're not trying to get a race you can get one every once in a while. (Read: Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while!)

I'm young and stupid so I can get away with it:rolleyes:
Never have raced the buick except against my other cars. So I'l save you the story's,

but if you care to know I race the neon all the time its amazing how it works out. I just drive around and all these dam punk import kids(I hate my generation):mad: keep antagonizing me to race until I give in. Sad thing is I win more races in the neon than anything else......Leave it to the fast and the furious generation to make a 15 second car more "active" than a 13 second car on the street.

I never go out looking for a race, but when i drive the Gn my right foot feels heavier than normal :) and i only race worth while opponents, no rice., unless is a supra or a skyline.

I have given up going out looking for trouble. I take the GN for a spin and I see nothing. I take the daily driver Lesabre out and every light I get stopped at there is a mustang of a rice boy. If someone were to instigate it something I would give it a go, but as far as going out looking for something, it just never happens anymore.

I regularly go out looking for trouble. And I often find it ;)

Re: I'm Happy

Originally posted by Buick Beginner
I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. Should we start a support group? - BB

Hi, Im Scott, and I'm an alcoholic. :D

At least once a week, I go out for a little "evening cruise". Just a nice innocent ride for about 45 minutes. ;) I rarely run it because I NEVER instigate. I just hang back, listen to my CD's and wait for an unsuspecting victim. 90% of the time I come home without even boosting it.

I'm starting to get a bit jittery because it has rained EVERY afternoon and evening for what seems to be 3 weeks now!
DT's!!! :D

I do the same thing :D

i use to race everthing with a fart pipe diffrent lights or a loud system just to show off. I admit i go out looking to race and usally find it no problem in fortlauderdale we got lots of rich exotic car owners that think they run @@#$ around he till i come along and blow them away. i to let my girlfriewnd drive she loves the car and nothings better then a hot little blondie driveing. The stuff dreams are made of.

Every Thursday & Friday night. I just Love to cruise the two main drags after work at 1AM..

All those pesky ricers are getting out of the movies & running to the 24 hour eat joints.

Some times I take the daily driver.. which has toasted many a car in red light action.
Actually most ricer guys suk at racing but the rice girls put up a good fight only to loose.

Now, now Steve, you shouldn't be picking on those highly modded street machines with your Olds. They might think you had a heart attack and are going to plow though them in your gramppymobile.:D