Ok freaken car wont run right. Help

Is the smoke blue? I had a turbo starting to go down and would smoke like that, but the car would run fine.

definetly not blue. I thought it might be in the past, so it gave me a reason to upgrade to a bigger turbo. The smoke stayed the same. The smoke does carry in the air pretty well. By this I mean that it lingers and defintely more smoke under acceleration and under boost.

1. Watched the video. Can't really tell alot from this but thanks for posting it. Put your tps voltmeter away.
2. Disconnect battery +ve and -ve. Just want to reset all electronics. Clean and lubricate these connections while you are here. Reconnect after 1 minute.
3. Reconnect done? Ok. Now follow any recommended reset procedures for the Max Effort (i.e. turn it to your desired thumbwheel position before you turn car). Ok, now start it up.
4. No diff? - Ok. Shut it down. Now get MORE FRESH gas. Put in tank. Start it up.
5. No diff? - Ok. Shut it down. Replace fuel filter.
6. No diff? - Ok, get a can of spray contact cleaner. Now begin methodical (i.e. sequential) checking of MAF, TPS, COOLANT, CRANK, CAM, ECM, IGNITION MODULE, etc connections. Make sure connections are clean and lubricated. Start the car after you clean/check each connection.

Don't start changing parts yet. Once you're done with the above, if still no change, I'd be curious to see what happens if you put your old MAF back in.

MAKE ONLY ONE CHANGE AT A TIME.

Serious vacuum leak(s), cracked/ broken/ disconnected hose(s)...

What's vacuum gauge reading @ your idle conditions??

Does your car feel like it's running on 4 or 5 cyls? If so while the car is running pull a spark plug wire and see if you are getting spark on each cyl. that is how i found i was not getting spark on 2 cyls. Check your ign. module, mine ran like crap 3 weeks ago while driving thought it was the coil pack changed that still same problem, used a buddies ign. module and presto like new, your smoke might be more fuel being dumped in to compensate to keep the car running, smell your oil to check if it smells gassy, hope this helps.

Had the car in government storage for 17 months. They did start it up and move it once a week. Ever since I got it home it has been running crap.

Man you are a trusting soul, no way would i give someone permission to start let alone to drive my car like that.

Did you check the mileage and the rear tires? :eek:

Have you done a compression check?

How was the car running when you put it in that storage?

Had the car in government storage for 17 months. They did start it up and move it once a week. Ever since I got it home it has been running crap.

Man you are a trusting soul, no way would i give someone permission to start let alone to drive my car like that.

Did you check the mileage and the rear tires? :eek:

Have you done a compression check?

How was the car running when you put it in that storage?

the car was running well, it was my daily driver I just got my DS so I will post results later. I had to leave it in gov't storage, it was my only option. I am about to deploy again in a couple of weeks, so I would like to get it running right, before I put it up on blocks for a a year.

When I had a bad wire going to an injector, my mechanic listened with a stethoscope for the cylinder that wasn't firing. I think I had similar symptoms to yours.

Just put a new MAF on it. drained the remainder of the gas and will put fresh in today to see what happens. I leave for a deployment in 6 days so yeah, this sucks.

new gas helped alot, still sounds off, idle at 1100 steady until put in gear, smoke at idle, maybe it has been sitting to long. Im sick of it. Anyone was to buy a GN...

new gas helped alot, still sounds off, idle at 1100 steady until put in gear, smoke at idle, maybe it has been sitting to long. Im sick of it. Anyone was to buy a GN...

Did you run it enuf yet recently to let the idle settle down after perhaps some ECM re-learning??

yeah, I have not driven it yet though since the new turbo tweak chip. It idled a while last night, then when it switched to learn mode the car idled rough. Im trying to set the DS in the computer since I dont have a A:/ drive, but it keeps freezing up in realtime mode. So when I fix it I will post numbers.

8500, pics are located through out my threads, along with the changes I had made to the car. I leave on Friday for a year and probably wont sell it when I get back.

Well check your oil for signs of a blown headgasket (milky) since I can only imagine how a stranger would drive my buick then check your plugs to see if they are all firing, and if it looks good then re-set the computer and then drive it around, anytime you make a change reset the ecm and then actually drive the car if possible and see if it acts right. If not I say either vac leak bad maf or coil/module without scan numbers its all just a guess. Good Luck.