Oiling system question

JeffG

Drive it like u stole it
Is anyone using an external oiling line to the rear oil galley to supplement oil flow to the rear mains? My rear main bearings look to be somewhat starved for oil. I was rooting around on the Web and found mention of adding a supplemental oiling line in high HP application to help the rear bearing set live. If you're running one of these, what size line did you use and how do you go about plumbing it to the rear?

Thanks in advance,

The one guy I know that had this (I think it was on his stage I) used a -4 line to go back there. He noted that it went into the drivers side gallery. I would have thought that the pass side was where it should go, since that is what the mains and rods get fed from. Maybe he misspoke? Or maybe my understanding is faulty...

Anyway, he also had another trick I liked: the return line from his remote filter and oil cooler didn't go back into the oil filter adapter on the timing chain cover, instead it went to a little manifold that was screwed directly into the oil pressure sender hole. This avoids all the twists and turns in the timing chain cover. From this little manifold he had the lines coming off to feed the turbo and going to the back of the engine.

John

Thanks John. That is a good idea. I'll be looking into to that also.

Thanks again,