oil

what is best oil for buick turbo

• what oil

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • whats better

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
I POSTED THIS GOOD READ ABOUT OIL TEST AND NO ONE RESPONDEDo_O SO HERE IT IS AGAIN
http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30483

I read that whole thing a few weeks back, and just like this thread, it stirred up more oil controversy. It was a good read though and a good test was performed albeit on a workbench and not a car. I think all these tests tell its own little story on the actual quality of the oils being tested. At the end of the day, you just have to go with what makes you happy, and if it doesnt work, you have no one to blame but yourself. I myself run Mobil 1 15w-50 with a Wix filter and have a roller cam. I, on the other hand, change the oil every 1000 miles because the car mostly sits, idles a lot, and have Alky Injection. Some people say its overkill to change it that often, but it keeps me happy.

You can run duck butter for all that it matters - just change it- and often.
Best oil? is Fresh oil
Why pay big money when you're going to dump in down the sewer every three months.
I mean - take it to a very environmentally conscious recycling depot.
Although - if you do run duck butter - we interrupt this programming for a word from one our sponsors - Please be sure to add some ZDDP to it - buy 2 even.

Doesn't "what kind of oil should I use?" deserve some sort of sticky by now?
Or honorable / less than honorable mention?
Not that that would change anything.
If you type that string of words - to create a new post - a quart of oil should come flying at your face...or something cool like that.

20 50 here and take Nastys advice also Nicks advice also , let it warm up and pressure down before putting the go pedal down .

You mean I can't just turn the key and lay a drag in reverse out of my driveway before the door chime has finished?
Rats!
Can I do an old school and rev it repeatedly just after starting it?
Please don't answer these questions because I don't want to stop those habits I've grown to love.

I've had very good luck with all 4 of these.

Although I found the Wesson to be a little on the thin side.

Attachments

• OIL TYPE - 1.jpg
    OIL TYPE - 1.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 115
  • OIL TYPE - 2.jpg
    OIL TYPE - 2.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 139
  • OIL TYPE - 3.jpg
    OIL TYPE - 3.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 127
  • OIL TYPE - 4.jpg
    OIL TYPE - 4.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 132
Mobil 1 10w30 always and forever. Unless I find some more Shell DSX. Which won't happen in the U.S. again.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I've had very good luck with all 4 of these.

Although I found the Wesson to be a little on the thin side.

None of us has the slightest interest in your sex life.........keep that stuff to yourself, thank you very much! :eek::p

run it a quart low and refresh as required;)

Yes, - if you play your cards just right, you'll leak it out of all the various leak points - at such a rate - that you can keep topping it off with fresh oil.
Problem solved.