Oil Supplement

cmokem

Was just wondering how many are using the GM EOS mixed with their oil....and is it really needed in our turbo cars

Thanks in Advance

Bob

Rob is correct, it;s more of an assembly lube, once you do the first oil change don't use it again.

We use it in the race engines with every oil change. On street cars, every other change.

It contains EP and anti-wear additives not found in most all current motor oils. There is no downside to using it except cost. If so, use half a bottle with an oil change.

Having never wiped an aftermarket cam, except one using synthetic oil, I am afraid NOT to use it!:)

Miight as well get used to using it from now on, with the recent changes to what's allowed to be added to oils. There some threads convering this.
Especially for flat tappet cammed motors, IMO.

Nick do you sue dino oil in your cars? Im trying to decide what to use after I break my eingine in

Synthetic oils and Conventional oils are compatible across the board. It is one of the standars of API. (American Petroleum Institute). It is not ideal to Mix them but it will not cause any problems. Synthetic blend is a conventional oil with the synthetic additive package inserted into the mix. EOS is a variation of friction modifiers, ZDP and other types of additives. It was said once that the EOS can replace depleted additives in your engine oil when it is close to being due for a change. It also helps keep the lifters free and moving and quiet.

Should you use EOS in your car? You bet your a$$ you should!

Yes it is ok to use it with Synthetic or Conventional oils.

Any GM dealer should have or can get it.

I don't think that you would benefit as much if you have a roller cam but it still won't hurt to use it..

EOS

I bought one today.It says do not use this product as a oil supplement.Use this product to lube bearings,cam,lifters,pistons,rings during engine assembly.I think
I`ll use 4 oz. on my oil change

There was a write up in the GSXTRA newsletter recently showing the EOS being used as a motor oil supplement and why it's beneficial etc.. It is worth adding it.