Oil return gasket

timothydog

When I replaced my turbo I made a new oil feed tube and made a new gasket for the return line with some gasket material. (I didn't have time to order one). Of course the gasket leaked. So I ordered one from Ramchargers. This one is considerably thicker. I pulled the homemade one out and cleaned the surfaces as best as I could and replaced it. Sure enough.. It's leaking. I think even worse than my homemade gasket too.

What the hell am I doing wrong here? Should I have used some gasket sealer like RTV ultra copper?

Not sure what Ramchargers carries but the only one I have seen that doesn't leak is the original GM gasket #25537227...$2-3 at your local GM dealer...if that doesn't work then maybe the flange on the return line is warped...

I know this is not much help but my TE44 did that, turned out the turbo was leaking and coming from the back side of the exhaust housing and leaking down the return line like the gasket was leaking. I have had no problem with homemade or the GM soft with return gasket. I install clean with nothing on it and snug it up tight with a 1/4 drive. Hope this helps.

T-Dog

When I replaced my turbo, I put the new gasket in dry and it leaked. I removed that one and put a smear of ultra-copper silicone on both sides of a new gasket (not alot) and leak-be-gone.