Oil Pump Removal

TryMeGT

Why can I not get my oil pump off? Motor is out of the car. Timing cover is on the work bench. I have removed the 4 bolts on the oil pump, but it will not come off. I have been hitting it with a rubber mallet for an hour and it will not budge. It does have a bronze spacer between the pump and timing cover, but what gives, this thing will not come off. I do not want to use a regular hammer and screw driver to separate the two for fear of breaking something. Am I missing something here. Help is appreciated!!! :confused:

There are 6 bolts!! Two are inside the housing & 4 outside! Whats the spacer you mention? Is it a plate for the gears to ride on about 1/4" thick? Thats a Mellings Booster plate. Under it are the other bolts if I'm on the right track here. Thats just held on with a gasket. Got a pic?

Where are the two inside? Inside the pump or inside the timimg cover. I do not see anymore bolts that I could access, even where the filter goes.

Remove filter. Remove 22 mm centre bolt holding the oil cooler line plate thats an inch thick. Behind that is 2 bolts.

JustASix - It is a 28mm where you remove the threaded nut that holds the oil filter. Behind that is the 2 bolts your were talking about. Done deal, THANKS :cool:

I knew it was 20 something & pretty big but glad it helped. Although next time get a Bigger Hammer!! LOL Cheers!