Oil Pump - High Vol/Pressure - HELP!

JToups386

I have finally cranked my new setup, and have an oil leak that appears to be between the pump housing and the extension plate for the longer gears within. (I'm assuming it blew the gasket)
I am using the TRW high-volume, high-pressure pump setup, that was written up in GM High Tech awhile back.
Questions:
Does anyone know what the stock oil pressure is, (should be), at idle, and above? (I very well may be pushing too much with this...)
Has anyone experienced this sort of problem when upgrading to this setup?
Does anyone have a suggestion for a solution or fix? Is there something that needs to be drilled or opened up to accomodate this additional volume/pressure?

My initial plan is to put a less stiff spring in the pump, but may even have to go back to the stock setup.
Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Been a long time....depends upon so many factors such as oil type, oil temp etc.....

Stock was probably around 20# hot and maybe 40# at 2000 rpm cruise. I am guessing.

Anything over 70-75# cold is probably pushing it and I would consider a weaker spring.

Thank you both for your input. I'm also awaiting anyone else's experiences, and or results. I will be tackling this issue tomorrow morning, and would like any further input to take into the project with me.
Thanks...

I have used both the hi-volume cover and the stock cover with the melling high volume gears and spacer plate. I have had the HV spacer plate kit leak and have had to resurface the oil filter adapter and plate to fix it, its a pain. The absolute best setup I have found is to use the stock GM cover with what is called a thrust plate or booster plate from Melling or whomever. The pressure always ends up being great and the gears have a steel thrust surface that wont wear like the oil filter adapter will. Swapping different gasket thicknesses on the plate to achieve about .001-.002 end play in the gears is also important as the aluminum gear housing will only grow with heat. I have used this setup on the last few Buicks I have done with 30 psi at idle and no problems. I rarely use a high volume oil pump on a 5000-6000 rpm engine with stock capacity oil pan and dont think these engines need them, however that is just my opinion. I have had your problems in the past and wish you good luck!