Oil pump gasket question???

TA Performance sells a kit with a bunch of different thickness gaskets with some paper of .005", -008" & .009" & 7 others made of mylar. ( .001, .0015, .002, .003, .005, .0075, and .010.)
I used plastigauge to confirm pump gear to plate clearance.
This TA Pump Shim kit might be your best bet Kevin?

TA Performance 1704 oil pump shim kit.jpg

The only way to know if to measure. They'll range from .001" all the way to .0085". It just depends on what you happen to grab.

Keep in mind, there's no rule that says you can't hand lap a gear or two to make them fit better.

Does anyone have the gasket # for the thinner gasket? The stock GM were .009-.010 and the other was a .005 and that's the one I am looking for.
I would like to thank everyone for their support. I had a lot going on with this cover. When I went to put everything back together I discovered that a few of the bolt holes were stripped out so I looked at installing helicoil but the kits that I found had the "j" hook on the end and was too short (engine in car). I went on line and found a kit at Oreilly''s and was able to make it work. Long story short I put it back together using studs and torturing the bolts down to 120 in/lbs and all is well. I did not go back with the Mellings Plate instead after talking to Earl Brown I set it up using his procedure(Thanks Earl!!). My oil pressure is 75 psi at start up and while idling at 170 degrees it dropped down to 30 psi. Once again thanks everyone for your help.

Good job sorting out the pump.

Time to run thinner oil and free up some horsepower and wear.

A mic will probably give an artificially low reading. The gasket won't be rigid enough to actuate the slip clutch or ratchet. 40tpi is a lot of leverage.