oil pressure Switch wiring

86Nick

Not your Grandpas' regal
Can some one tell me the wiring on the oil pressure(light switch) Need to know what color goes to what terminal.

Here's a picture of the plug end.

The gray is the ground (shared with some other connections), the other two look like they attach to the bulkhead (orange? and pink w/ black)

185705_867402596288_20702565_45773592_3146581_n.jpg

Here's a picture of the plug end.

The gray is the ground (shared with some other connections), the other two look like they attach to the bulkhead (orange? and pink w/ black)

185705_867402596288_20702565_45773592_3146581_n.jpg

Thanks exactly what I was looking for

Gray is the fuel pump wire, same wire that you find at the fuel pump relay
Tan is the OIL telltale light feed that goes to the C100 bulkhead
Pink/Black is switched 12 volts from FP INJ fuse

Wiring/electricity isn't something I'm especially good at so please excuse my stupid questions.

When you say the gray is the fuel pump wire, do you mean it's a shared power wire? As in, if the fuel pump is getting power (i.e. the car is in "Run"), then all those connected that way are getting power?

On Pink/Black, what do you mean it's siwtched 12 volts?

Do many of these devices ground out on the block then, since there is no apparent ground wire?

Thanks!

Gray wire is tied into the fuel pump feed.
Pink/Black is switched power, again tied into the fuel pump circuit
There is no ground on that connector. A ground would be a black/white stripe wire.

That connection in the harness is particularly vulnerable to hitting the exhaust system, causing burn-thru and short circuit. If you're not using that connector, cut it off and tape the exposed wires into the main harness.

You would not use it if you had installed an oil pressure sender in place of the factory oil pressure switch. Most turbo cars have had this modification by now.

SO, THE TAN WIRE IS THE ONE I CONNECT TO THE SW OIL PRES SENDING UNIT??