Oil pickup tube?

coldair85GN

fast85GN
Called Autozone AND Oreilly trying to find an oil pickup tube for my GN and the people on the phone at both stores acted dumbfounded and had no idea what I was talking about...even AFTER explaining what it was to them. Anyone know where to get one so I can take it to my engine builder?

I dont have any idea what the guys at the local parts store were looking up....hell maybe they just didn't want to look so they said they couldn't find it...when I typed in the part number on the Oreilly website...and then called back and talked to a different person he told me he could have the melling part by noon on Friday so I told him to order it. Thanks guys.

I dont have any idea what the guys at the local parts store were looking up....hell maybe they just didn't want to look so they said they couldn't find it...when I typed in the part number on the Oreilly website...and then called back and talked to a different person he told me he could have the melling part by noon on Friday so I told him to order it. Thanks guys.
everytime i go there no one has any idea what a grand national is.."oh is that a pontiac?"

Pretty sure you'll even throw them off with saying 'Grand National ' .. I always go, 87 - Buick- Regal - 3.8 turbo.. That way they can follow it on their little screen :rolleyes: I never go in without looking up the part number first online to make sure. I remember working for Murrays, a MI based company, they made you identify about 50 parts just by pictures to get a job. Most these people look like they've never even wrenched on a car.

Yea most of them are useless..You would think they would learn something from the two week course they take on how to use a screwdriver