oil leak?

Dreamcar86

I have a 6152 with approximately 5,000 miles on it and it has developed a leak where the brass fitting goes into the center section. This is the third brass fitting I have replaced and sometimes it will not leak at all and other times it wont stop. I have never had this problem before with a turbo and cannot figure out what is going on. Is the turbo not draining the oil quick enough or is the turbo in need of a rebuild?
Any and all help greatly appreciated.

humm, you could try liquid. let it setup for a few min then install and let dry for a day or 2

humm, you could try liquid. let it setup for a few min then install and let dry for a day or 2

I will give that a try. Just seems weird that it would build up enough back pressure to leak. I am wondering if it is not draining properly or quick enough. It is also odd that sometime I can go two days without it leaking then the third day it leaks again. Another frustration from the turbo car.

"Technically" with pipe treads you shouldnt need to use teflon to seal them. But I would defiatly use some of the liquid teflon to try and seal it up. good luck

just to warn you guys, a turbo guru came into my college and gave a presentation all about turbos and in this presentation he said that one of the leading causes of thrust bearing failure in turbos is using teflon tape on the oil feed line:eek: it gets into the oiling system of the turbo and somehow almost always ends up blocking the oil to that area of the turbo!!!

i was shocked when i heard that, just passing it on;) guys name was "something" Miller, he sells a pretty sweet turbo book.