Oil Leak driving me nuts

You can get some uv oil dye at the local parts store for about 7 to 8 dollars and try to pin point it that way. Or it could get you close to the problem.

I finally found and fixed the problem. UV dye revealed that it was coming out the top of the dipstick tube. Someone had indicated this but I was looking at where the tube met the block.
Now looking back it is somewhat obvious since the oil splashed below onto the steering shaft.
My breather grommets are new and have a large X cut in the rubber at the bottom which I guess is not sufficient to allow venting. I cut them open and the problem is gone!!
Thanks for all of the help.

Just a thought. The stock motors were sealed up from the factory no breathers. Most cars do not leak out the dipstick tube without there being an underlying problem. The fact that your breather hole is open now might not have fixed it just hiding it.

Oh I forgot I also plugged up the PVC (for now) so I take it it back it may not just be the breathers but pvc or a combination of both. A few years ago I did a compression test and got ~150psi on all cylinders. I think those #s are ok.
I see people have had trouble with leaky pvc and plugged breathers so I changed both at the same time.

Just a thought. The stock motors were sealed up from the factory no breathers.

Not really, they had a breather from the front of the passenger side valve cover to the turbo inlet bell. Although most of these have been replaced with a filter on the valve cover. As they tended to blow oil into the turbo inlet.

RemoveBeforeFlight