Oil Leak driving me nuts

xrunner123

For the life of me I cannot locate this. Under boost I get an oil leak that sprays on the headers and leaves a trail of smoke. I'm almost positiveit's a leak doing this since I see drops of oil on the driver side header the next day after a few blasts down the highway. Left side of header is dry and no smoke at idle just boost.

Any idea how to pin point exactly where it's coming from? I can't drive like this...:mad:
Thanks

Dipstick? That is where mine was comming from as I am troubleshooting a boost leak internal to the engine as we speak ;(

Above dipstick is dry. Valve covers dry.
The 'wet' area is driver side header towards firewall. The steering shaft is also wet from oil. Can the rear of the intake leak oil?

what headgaskets did you use???
Cometic. For the intake I used the rubber gaskets and black RTV for the back. For the gasket I used Felpro 1200 and I cut the stock gaskets to get the valley pan. I cut it such to create tabs on the valley pan to hold it in place.

The steering shaft is wet? I noticed this with mine and I had the brake fluid overfilled.

mine supposidly has the cometics and it leaks like a siv out of the left rear corner where the drain hole is in the head.
I will be pulling them off here very soon just to get rid of an oil leak.I was told to live with it because they are the best head gaskets....PURE BS

Crazy thing to check but since you're looking for ideas...... my TTA had exactly same symptom. Are you actually losing oil, I mean is it going down on the dipstick? I could not understand why I was getting oil on my header but not going down on the dipstick. Could not see a leak anywhere so I assumed it was only during boost. Actually it was TRANS fluid that was being pushed past the front seal at speed. It became very obvious at about 145 MPH during a PDX at the road course. The front seal failed and my trans was toast. I'm sure some people are thinking how could I not realize that it was trans fluid, and I felt pretty dumb when I finally figured it out, however since it's only leaking at speed and it's burning off the header basically instantly and everyone is saying "man you have one helluva oil leak"! Well, I wish I would have checked the trans fluid level sooner! Good new is, it's rebuilt and now better than ever, new pump, new clutches and Kevlar bands. This is probably not your issue but just thought I'd throw it out there for consideration. Good luck!

subscribed..... I am chasing a similar problem with the exception that mine burns oil out the tailpipes at higher boost and rpm's, plus leaks like crazy. I am doing an intake gaske soon, as I have already replaced valve cover gaskets, pcv (also put a one way valve in) and rear main.

I went thru a similar oil leak last year.....would only leak under boost!

Turned out to be an oil pan gasket. The previous owner had used a FelPro (blue rubber) pan gasket & it was being pushed out under boost. Over the winter, I installed one of RJC's deep oil pans and cork gasket with Ultra Black RTV on both sides.....won't leak now! But may have a helluva time removing the pan next time! Also replaced the rear main seal while I was in there, new front cover & seal too.

Just replaced my oil pan gasket too. Had a rubber felpro in it. It would only leak under boost, until I disconnected the pcv valve. Once there was no vacuum at idle from the pcv it was leaking everywhere around the oil pan. Replaced it with a Cometic, and now it's dry as can be!

mine supposidly has the cometics and it leaks like a siv out of the left rear corner where the drain hole is in the head.
I will be pulling them off here very soon just to get rid of an oil leak.I was told to live with it because they are the best head gaskets....PURE BS

How does this area look and where is the drain hole in relationship to the head gasket? The HD seals the cylinder and the coolant passage but I can't remember where the oil drainback is.

put a cap on dipstick tube ,
my bets on the headgasket breached pushing air into the valley

How does this area look and where is the drain hole in relationship to the head gasket? The HD seals the cylinder and the coolant passage but I can't remember where the oil drainback is.

In the upper corners.The valve head actually get pretty full of oil untill it gets that high and drains back into the intake valley.