oil in uppipe & Throttle body???

wicked6

Hey guys I took off my uppipe and looked at my throttle body for signs of oil since oil was coming out of my EGR Valve. Which is not supposed to happen, right!!! I was on the hunt of an oil leak either from the turbo seals or intake/head sepage. Now there was not tons of oil but a lil enough to notice on one finger tip.

The question is how common is this and what do I have to do to fix it. Do I send the turbo back to PTE and have them reseal it. How much does that cost? The turbo was bought in November and has less than 3000 miles on it! Is there a warranty for such things.

thanx for your input and comments

Do you think that maybe the oil in my throttle body is from the PCV system??? I recently in the past three months put on a new acDelco PCV Valve and inline-check valve from Kirban.

Could the inline-check valve be causing this problem???? Or the PCV Valve was bad.

Thanx

If the PCV valve rattles, it's usually good. Try blowing through it. Also orient the check valve so that you aren't blowing boost into the plenum. Outside of that, throttle body oiling to a degree is normal. Annual clean outs should be fine as long as your spark plugs aren't being deluged. Keeping an eye on it is the best thing I can tell you beyond the above two items. Either that or get creative and relocate your PCV to the valve cover; I'm thinking of doing this due to a similar situation.