oil in up pipe & intercooler

XXX FUN

I pulled the up pipe off to day for the frist time and saw a thick oil flim in the intercooler,up pipe, thorottle body. The car has 76,000 miles and is bone stock. :( what do you guy's think is causeing this ---------thanks

You could pull the downpipe back and look inside to see if there is oil. I can't think of any other way oil can get into the uppipe and IC.

Chris is correct,my tip off was oil leaking out of the actuator,but yes I also had a Valdez slick running thru the pipe and so forth.I used the GM top end cleaner to douche it all out after the repair and clean as a whistle when done

Limit engineering has a rebuild kit for less than 100 bucks that'll take care of things as well as that nasty oil seal if the bypass breather doesn't do the trick.Turbo buick.com the link you were given above has good instructions on disassembly of the unit.

I had oil in the intake even when my car had 27k miles. Doesn't mean the turbo seals are bad. As mentioned above, take off that stupid rubber elbow from the factory that connects the valve cover to the inlet of the turbo.

Hell I just slapped a cap on mine and bought a cheap ass breather:) . If you're car starts smokin like a mofo and you still have oil dripping out your up pipe, then it'll be the turbo for sure!

i just noticed this same problem with mine yesterday. took iac off to clean it and found the t-body gummed up and the up pipe coated with oil at the throttle body and the intercooler. thanks for the assist.