Oil in radiator

nitrousmike175

I'm not sure if this is a major problem or not but this is what i have. I just changed head gaskets and installed a new cam when i checked the water level the other day i noticed a small drop of oil in the water. I drained out the water refilled it ran it for awhile there was no oil that time just a film on top of the water. Is this something i should worry about or not. If it is what could it be.

THANKS MIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably nothing. Don't sweat it. It's kind of tough to keep ALL contaminants out of the block on a job such as that, and I'd guess that's where it came from. If you really can't bear it, temporarily pull the thermostat and flush the cooling system thoroughly and keep an eye on it for a while. Good Luck!

If I'm not mistaken, I believe there was a post a while back about this. And I remember that a few had claimed that the oil section of the radiator (where the oil is cooled) can leak into the coolant if you have an old radiator. Do a search and check it out.

Scott

Originally posted by roz930
Probably nothing. Don't sweat it. It's kind of tough to keep ALL contaminants out of the block on a job such as that, and I'd guess that's where it came from. If you really can't bear it, temporarily pull the thermostat and flush the cooling system thoroughly and keep an eye on it for a while. Good Luck!
Thanks for the help.

Originally posted by Scott4DMny
If I'm not mistaken, I believe there was a post a while back about this. And I remember that a few had claimed that the oil section of the radiator (where the oil is cooled) can leak into the coolant if you have an old radiator. Do a search and check it out.

Scott
Thanks for the help but this car doesn't have an oil cooler on it.

Originally posted by Scott4DMny
And your oil lines do not go into your radiator???!!!:confused:

Scott
No, they have been removed are where never there. I think i read somewhere that some cars didn't come with them but i'm not sure.