Oil in maf pipe.

Braxton Jordt

Pulled off maf pipe and seen a little puddle where the pipe connects to turbo. Car does not smoke at all under boost or idle. I have valve cover breathers. Could this have anything to to with a pcv valve?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Are you running a stock turbo with the metal pipe that connects the turbo inlet bell to the passenger side valve cover? Could be sucking oil from there...

Had the same problem a while back. Turbo was shot. Try a new PCV anyway. Cheap and easy and it eliminates one variable.

I had to get a rebuilt turbo to stop the oil in the intercooler and intake. Then I was getting some oil in just the intake under boost through the PCV, even with a RJC check valve installed. Once I installed a small moroso oil separator in line with the PCV, my intake now stays clean.

Moroso 85474 Universal Air/Oil Separator

Attachments

• GN catch can PCV.jpg
    GN catch can PCV.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 127
I just did a search for moroso catch can and it came right up---Posted last Saturday by blackgn1 title of the thread is "PCV Catch Can"... (Catch it if you can!)

Braxton, sounds like the seals in your turbo are leaking and blowing oil into your charge pipe. I had the same problem back when I had a turbo civic. But on another note I need to get a hold of you to help me out on a Suzuki samurai. I sent you my number in a pm. Or if you want I could call you.

Mike 8015735785

Do you have a K&N air filter and did you make sure it's "good an oiled" the last time it was cleaned?

That's a good way to take out the MAF too.:smuggrin: