oil in 4 out of 6 cyl [ help ]

crazygn

10's here i come
i installed my race chip the other day and made a few passes out the road at 24psi last few days. i pulled my pugs today to put some cr42ts in and the whole drivers side cyl and the pass side back cyl are burning oil, cyl is all wet with oil along with the plug, been smoking last day or two.

i pulled the dog house off the intake and the inside has black sticky oil every where, the runners in the heads look clean but if you look down the runner to the valve some are wet with oil.

valve seals maybe blow from high boost, what the odds of 4 out of 6 gone at one time.

please help

come on guys, iam up and working on it now, iam going to change the valve seals and want to know any thing else to check.

thanks

the turbo has about 30 miles on it, and theres no oil in it. I think the motor is shot.:mad:

I just pumped 120psi in two of the wet oil cyl and the only two that are dry, and it wont hold air for more then 5 secs, even the dry ones.

thing is why are two dry and the others wet with oil if they hold the same pressure. no water in the oil, so i guess it cant be head gaskets.

and the valve seal i just put in didnt help:( , i guess its time to take it apart then.

any one know what could have happened to 4 cyl to have oil in them and two dry that just dont hold air pressure.

what a day:rolleyes:

i tried to put 120psi in each cyl with my compression tester but it wont hold any thing, it leaks it down with in 4 to 6 sec. this is even with the rocker shaft off so i know the valve are closed.

I pulled the intake and heads but see nothing, i can hear it blowing in to the block under the lifters. But i dont see any thing wrong with the cyl from a broke ring or any thing, whats the odds of all the rings wearing down in one day to smake this bad.

At this point sound like you just as well might pull it and go through it but that is my own opinion..

What did you leak it down with, sounds to me like you don't know the correct way to leak a motor down. It is a continous air feed system that you will measure a total percentage of air held from a certain psi feed. The outcome percentage will be the answer that you are looking for, each cylinder will have its own exact measurement.

BTW no motor will hold any psi continously unless it's fed.

Oily mess

Kinda hard to believe that you'd oil down as bad as you have due to stem seals going away. You'd have to have really bad guides along with pooched seals to allow a lot of indirect cyl. head oil down to the combustion chamber. Is the inside of the EGR tower the source of your intake oil mess ? Check the EGR sol. and the filter there.

the iside of the intake has black sticky oil but thin and seems old, the only place you see this oil bad and wet is in the camber and on top of the intake valvesand a little in the runner.

i pulled the one head to check and it looks fine, other then the oil.

i thought you just pumped air pressure in the cyl and seen if it held it or not:confused: what is a easy way to test the cyl and rings, i have a compression tester and a air compresser.

i looked in the turbo again and its dry, i just cant see where the oil is coming from , from the runner in the head , pass the valve to the cyl , it must be there some where. but every cyl but two is leaking:confused:

thanks for any help guy , i will be working on it in a few hours so any more info will be great

well i went out a bought a new set of head gaskets felpro 1007's 140.00, and a intake gasket. I degreased the heads and cleaned the cyl and pistions up good, this way it cant burn the oil thats there already, and maybe i can see where its coming from if this wont fix it.

iam going to start the motor with no turbo this time, and go from there. and hook the pcv valve up to a vac line this time [ i had the pcv valve just setting in the intake before.

should know by weds if it works, i just cant see all 6 cyl being dead or even 4. If ran pretty stong even with the smoking and just seems to knock because of the oil.

still looking for any help or ideas

tried to put 120psi in each cyl with my compression tester but it wont hold any thing, it leaks it down with in 4 to 6 sec
Well, yes, it sure will. Even if the rings seat perfectly, and the valves, there is still the end gap for the rings. You can't expect the cylinders to "hold" pressure, just to leak it at the lowest rate practical. Not sure how good the "zero gap" rings are, but I would expect them to lead down pretty quick, too.

i put new lock wire head gaskets on and a new intake gasket and didnt hook the turbo up this time and its still smoking. Same 4 are the one getting oil up.. I guess its the rings then.

what happens to the rings for them to let oil past like that , they cant be broke, and i cant see how they could just ware down in a day.

You are aware FP1007's require a receiver groove to be cut in the head right?

With all the problems you are having with your car you may want to ask someone that may be local and know GN's to help you.

Sounds like you are having some major issues there.

You do have a scan tool right and didn't run 24psi without one?

-Mark

dont know any one with a gn around here, not to many in my area.

ya the heads are cut for the 1007 gaskets

i have a scan master and had it close to tuned, then the scan master would not read o2's , i guess it only takes a run or two to kill the rings at 24psi.

iam going to pull the motor and check it out.

Not to sound too blunt, but in all my own experiences with race motors weather they are big or small... A true leak down will tell the tale... What happens if you leak it down and the rings are good, that means your oil that is getting into the clyinder is comming from somewhere else! Check more into what a real leakdown is, buy or borrow the tool and go from there, i hate to see people build motors because they have a problem then end-up with the same problem... Finding the problem is key, a true motor builder will tell the same.