Oil filter relcation kit

fly89gta

Oil filter relcation kit,need help ASAP, need my car back..

Where can I get one besides JohnsPerformance? Can I call up Summit and get a generic one? My filter housing is cracked, I need a new one and trying to find a TTA one is pointless, I'll just be wasting my time, Is there anything cheaper than $155???

Do you still have the spin on adaptor for the Buick oil filter housing?
And what Filter do you want to run? Moroso sells the remote filter holders that use a Chevy style filter.

I believe PT+E still offers one.
All the hoses cut to lenght, and a seperate turbo feed line.
With the addition volume, no provisions for the stock cooler, but the added volume seems to make up for it.

Originally posted by fc227
Do you still have the spin on adaptor for the Buick oil filter housing?
And what Filter do you want to run? Moroso sells the remote filter holders that use a Chevy style filter.

I have whatever a TTA comes with, and running a chevy style filter is fine by me

I bought a remote dual Chevy (2 qt) unit from Jegs & an adapter to put on the front of the engine.
I'm still working out the finer points of the lines. I'll be using braided #10 with aseperate line to the turbo & I'm plumbing the cooler in the lines.

Originally posted by bruce
I believe PT+E still offers one.
All the hoses cut to lenght, and a seperate turbo feed line.
With the addition volume, no provisions for the stock cooler, but the added volume seems to make up for it.

Would that be this:

Oiling system for 86-87 Turbo Buick
Keep from passing unfiltered oil through the engine and turbo with our Auxiliary filter kit. Adds extra filtering capacity to the stock oiling system.
$ 154.95

Originally posted by fly89gta
Would that be this:

Oiling system for 86-87 Turbo Buick
Keep from passing unfiltered oil through the engine and turbo with our Auxiliary filter kit. Adds extra filtering capacity to the stock oiling system.
$ 154.95

That's the one, aka "turbo saver". Bought one after my main bearing failure wiped out my new PT51. Turbo gets filtered oil, and you can use a gigantic filter. Also makes oil changes a lot easier.

Jim

Originally posted by turbojimmy
That's the one, aka "turbo saver". Bought one after my main bearing failure wiped out my new PT51. Turbo gets filtered oil, and you can use a gigantic filter. Also makes oil changes a lot easier.

Jim

where did you mount your filter?

Also this would get rid of the filter housing on the lower right corner of the block correct?

Also, should I order from PT&E or John's Performance, both have the same kit for the same price..

where did you mount your filter?

Also this would get rid of the filter housing on the lower right corner of the block correct?

I don't remember now...hafta go look.....

Actually no. Stock oil cooler lines are in place. There's an adapter that screws on like an oil filter. Lines to the remote filter tap into the adapter. My oil filter is behind my RH headlights (won't work on a TTA, I'd imagine). If your filter housing is cracked, it ain't gonna help. Sorry.

Jim

anyone?? :(

Sorry man, I've got no ideas. Not available from the dealer anymore? Any other GMs have the same adapter? I can't believe that they're that unique. JB Weld maybe?

Were you able to cancel your order?

Jim

Originally posted by turbojimmy
Were you able to cancel your order?

Jim

I dont' know, I have to call PT&E tomorrow, hopefully I can

I don't know what to do, from what i'm told the TTA housing is different than the GN one, so i'm pretty much ****ed :(

I was told I can't use the GN housing because of the cooling setup, well if this filter relocation kit gets rid of all of that what would stop me from being able to use a GN housing??

I was told I can't use the GN housing because of the cooling setup, well if this filter relocation kit gets rid of all of that what would stop me from being able to use a GN housing??

The filter relocation kit does not get rid of the cooling setup. The stock cooling lines are in place. If the only thing stopping you is the cracked housing, and a GN one will physically fit you can plug the cooling lines on the GN housing and plumb the cooler into the remote filter kit. It's -10 AN hose, so there'd be some "adapting" but it would work. I'd try to find a stock filter housing, though. You tried the dealer, right? That part doesn't cross over into other applications? A lot of the V6 trucks had stock oil coolers - is the BOP part really different?

Jim

Actually all the kit does is replace the oil filter with an adapter when it use to connect to the engine area. This adapter has two lines that connect to the remote filter mounting device. On the Buicks it is mounted behind the passenger headlights. There is a s/s braded line that supply oil to the turbo. Oh yea, you have to remove the original metal turbo oil supply linew and plug it off.

You could always remove the oil cooler adapter (at lease on the Buicks). The Buick ones sends oil into the radiator to be cooled.
Your sends water from the engine/water pump to the adapter behind the oil filter- Right??
You could plug or bypass the water and should be able to just remove the cracked oil cooler adapter.

Hope is makes sense.

Gary

yeah it does, if that's the case that'll work, so basically i can take off the box(that's what it looks like) run the lines accordingly and plug the coolant lines right?