Oil Filter question????

gokada

Anyone ever experience or seen the filtration paper come apart in the engine before? Please post your troubles/ ordeals if any, and what you did, if any to correct it. Much mahalos in advance.:D

Yes, usually happens for one of two reasons. Either a poor quality filter (Fram comes to mind) or excessive oil pressure. Are you still running the stock sized oil filter? Is your oil bypass plugged? If yes to both that is a deadly combo. On start-up the oil pressure is really high and the little filters can't flow enough to keep up. Since the bypass is plugged, all oil has to go through it. I have a biggie oil filter kit and a blocked bypass. Even with the huge filter area, I had the filter crush internally while I was breaking in a cam (high start-up oil pressure, high RPM). I now let the car warm up and the oil pressure drop down before I flog the car.

Where did you get the conversion kit to use a bigger oil filter? I just did an oil change on mine and reminded myself that the filter looks too small to be doing any real good.

just my 02DONT GET THE ONE FROM PRECISION TURBO
there have been alot of them that are assembled in reverse
unfortunately I have experienced this first hand
it took @ 2500 miles to destroy all the bearings and the turbo/cam/couple of lifters/crank/and any thing elese that requires oil
bypass oil is just not quite enough

seems that oil will not flow through most oil filters in reverse due to a check valve. This being the case the oil goes through the tiny bypass hole and severely starves the engine of its precious life blood

good luck:mad: