oil filter bypass removal

tdh10

Looking for any ideas on how to remove oil filter bypass from the filter adapter without destroying it. I want to put it back in after a cleaning.
Thanks in advance

To clean it out you can just insert something between the valve and seat while spraying brake cleaner or running solvent through the passage.

Removal means you'll need to grind off the staked material around the bore. The seat can then be pulled out without much force. You'll need to re-stake the hole when you put it back in.

Looking for any ideas on how to remove oil filter bypass from the filter adapter without destroying it. I want to put it back in after a cleaning.
Thanks in advance
I looked at every option and just cleaned it as the previous post suggested. I could not find any way that would not damage it.

Are you talking about the adapter that connects to the hoses that lead to the oil cooler in the radiator ? If so all you do is get a socket that fits around the center I believe it’s 3/4 or 15/16” and remove the center piece that’s holding the adapter plate on

Are you talking about the adapter that connects to the hoses that lead to the oil cooler in the radiator ? If so all you do is get a socket that fits around the center I believe it’s 3/4 or 15/16” and remove the center piece that’s holding the adapter plate on

He's talking about the plunger/spring assembly inside the adapter, not the adapter itself.

The filter bypass is in the oil filter adapter flange. Small black plunger and spring.

The oil pressure bypass is the spring and piston under the removable hex cap just to the right of the filter flange.

This SPAM post was deleted by Lee Burough...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese , I really think so