Oil dipstick?

Just wondering the the oil dipstick tube from a 109 engine is the same as the one on the 87 gn I pulled mine out to find out it is pritty much rotted

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I need one too. I'm almost sure I read somewhere that a Lokar replacement for an LS engine works. Not positive though

If some one knew for sure that the ls one would work that would be a huge help

Lokar dipsticks are adjustable. They make them so they fit the pan, but the amount of oil can vary. 7,8, or 9 qt pans from most makers all have the same mounting. Buy it, fill your engine with the proper amount of oil, push in the dipstick, then read it, and cut off whatever you need. Then clamp the stick back into the handle, and it's set exactly to your engine. I have one in my Max Wedge and my 409. Both had to be cut to fit.

I have the one for the LS on my GN. I have a girdle, and the mark is exactly where it needs to be for my application.

Just wondering the the oil dipstick tube from a 109 engine is the same as the one on the 87 gn I pulled mine out to find out it is pritty much rotted

No! You would need to use the dipstick too and then you wouldn't have the fancy handle end that says "ENGINE OIL" the N/A 109 just has a yellow handle and the end on the tube is different.

it will work. you will have to take the o-ring off and use some rtv to hold it in there. then if it don't come with a bracket you will have to make one to bolt to a header bolt

Works perfect, full line is right, bracket is right too. Only issue is it hangs up on the girdle. Next time the pan is off I will check it out and clearance as needed.

BE CAREFULL using a Lokar dipstick. I've only tried to use one once and it got tossed. The problem was the dipstick is a twisted cable and it retained an arc from being on the spool. Depending on the clocking, it could show an error of almost an inch high to low. It will either curl up away from the oil, or curl down imbedding into it.

I had to tweak and bend mine to clear my girdle but with practice it goes all the way in on the 1 or 2 try and reads correct where I marked the new full line