Oil/choke Light On

GogglesPisano

Hey All,
Well I Knew It Was Too Good To Be True. My 85 Gn Was Running Great, All Was Good, And I Was Lovin The Boost.
So Now This Is What Happens: At Low Idle Below 1000 Rpm, My Oil/choke Light Comes On, But The Immediatley Goes Out After I Step On The Accelerator And Raise The Idle?
What Is This? Need All Opinions From All Of Our Knowledgeable Turbobuick.com Members.
Thanks,
Fred

Light comes on about 4 psi.

Do you have an oil pressure gauge on the car? If not, get one to find out if the pressure is low, or the switch is bad.

Oil/choke Light

when i got home with the car last night i checked the oil right away. level was a little above full mark, and the oil barely has 300 miles on it. i have always had the car serviced locally by my buick dealership, and the tech who works on my car, and all the turbo, or supercharged cars is an old timer who has been around them since they came out. i do however, have a sneaking feeling that the last time they changed my oil they used 5w-30, and not the 10w-40 i always get.

Fred- While you have the heads and intake off you might want to consider having them ported. Incrimental cost cannot be that much and you will be glad you did it . Brad

Hey Brad,
Definitely A Good Thought. Thank You So Much For The Help Tonight. To All The Rest Of You, My Discovery Was That I Have A Headgasket Leak And Coolant Is Now Mixing With My Oil.
How Lovely!!
Fred

From the sounds of the posts above, you have already torn down the engine somewhat, correct? If not, make sure you repair the damage correctly- don't do it on the cheap.

Coolant + bearings=bad mojo!

Do 'em all- main, rod, and cam!

well, i wish i had it torn down already, but in all honesty, i got home tonight and decided to pop the hood. opened up the oil cap and noticed alot of very tan looking "pudding" type moisture? not good! just got my answer to my recent loss of coolant. for me, the best possible thing i can do i feel is that i should do a total rebuild anyway, or maybe not. just very discouraged right now as i love my gn. not what i was looking for. on the other hand, maybe this is my cue to "open my wallet", as brad would say, and do the modifications i have been wanting to do for a while. who knows? will decide after my cadillac club driving tour in june. just totally redid my interior on my 64 Fleetwood so it would look good for the tour 6/20-6/25