Oil Capacity Question...

brn agn

I recall this topic coming up once before, but I do not remember what the outcome was. When I change the engine oil on our TTA, it takes more than 5 quarts to bring the level up to the correct mark on the dipstick. It has been a few months since I have changed it, but I believe that it took 1-1.5 quarts extra. Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks in advance...

Takes almost 6 quarts to do mine when the larger Mobil 1 filter and the oil pan is vacuum'd out. Else with just pulling the drain plug will take about 5 1/2.

The drain nut in the oil pan doesnt allow all the oil to come out..keeps about 8-16 oz in the bottom. I use a mity vac pump and a piece of j-shaped brake line to suck the remaining oil out. A little more work..put when I fill..the new oil isnt tainted/tinted by the old oil.

HTH

Hey Razor, thanks for the information. I am glad that it isn't abnormal. It is time to head to the garage to change my oil :).

I asked the same question a while ago, got the reply that it should only take 5qts and I needed to remark the dipstick. With 5 qts it is exactly at the Add mark and that is where I run it. Usually end up adding a 6th qt after about 1500 miles and it brings it up to just over the add mark due to a small oil leak I don't feel like chasing :D HTH

I like my oil in the cross hatches..last thing I need is it to suck some air..if ya know what I mean.