Ohio/PA Buick club? Read inside...

VETKILR

Staff member
Since Penn Ohio chapter has gone by the wayside, debating about starting something local, and informal for Buick people, enthusiasts, etc in Ohio and PA. I know Michigan has a chapter, they would be more than welcome to join as well. Would have a few car shows, maybe informal race day locally at perhaps Thompson or Dragway 42. Not on the lines of a national event like BPG or GS Nats, or even Norwalk. Relaxed one day bbq, test and tune, maybe raffle some prizes, car show, racing, etc.

Not really wanting to do a newsletter because it seems more and more, print media is biting the dust with everything going online (this coming from a car magazine/book hoarder).

Recently became more involved in a Buick dealer and want to kind of give us some notoriety. Same token id like to get us more involved in a Buick event and possibly a spring and fall show as well.

Im welcome to input and this would be informal and relaxed setting. Maybe a spring meet up, summer as well, and a fall get together. Probably move locations around as well to benefit everyone and not make the same people take a long commute and feel like they are getting the short end of the stick.

I realize a lot of people getting up in age and that at 31 not a whole lot in my age range are into Buicks, but there are more than people i think realize. Even if you meet at local Quaker Steak once in a while be fun to meet up with different Buick people, see old friends, talk shop and maybe get a few car shows per year and maybe an informal bbq, track day and car show all in one that wont break the bank since times are rough for a lot of people.

Love to see what everyone says but weighing my judgement on whether to go forward will depend on how much response and interest i get from fellow Buick owners/enthusiasts. Not looking to become rich off this, thats what my 9-9 ordeal is for and also not looking to collect dues or really have a newsletter, possibly though in the future, newsletter could become reality or strictly digital.

Tell me your thoughts.​